Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: March 23, 2017 07:16PM

As I read Trump's boast that he just made Wednesday, March 22, 2017 to Time's Washington bureau chief Michael Scherer in an interview where he declared, "I can't be doing so badly, because I am president and you're not," it made me think of all the boasting that Joseph Smith, Jr. liked to do as well as in his needing to remind others that he was Numero One and they were merely his lackeys.

Talents I will admit ole Joey had, such as imagination, gift of gab, and intelligence, but how he put them to use in his life is surely up for scrutiny as far as I see it.

I remember when I read that Joey had sent his lackeys to Canada to sell the Book of Mormon. My reaction was this....Whaat in the hell did I just read? Joey was willing to sell the copyright to the OneTrueBook that God and Jesus Christ picked him, him out of all the people on earth, to bring to the whole world?

Whaaat?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2017 07:17PM by presleynfactsrock.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: midwestanon ( )
Date: March 23, 2017 07:17PM

If only Donald Trump had been shot to death and fallen out of a window at the tender age of 39.

I'm 'kidding'.

Posted by: yeppers ( )
Date: March 23, 2017 07:37PM

Not a single person on this board likes Trump... in fact, I can speak for all of us that we DESPISE him greatly.

Bash away!

It's VERY WELCOME on this board.

That's why the "no politics" rule was abandoned when Trump became president... to allow us to mock, ridicule, and bash at will!

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: March 23, 2017 11:07PM

I have been trying to co-exist with a heightened sense of apprehension ever since the election. I did not vote for the Orange One, and like nearly everyone else, I was way beyond shocked that he won.

Over the course of my 30-year Federal career, I dealt with the public, day in and day out, and a number of the people I had to deal with were, to be honest, documented crazies. Some were scary, most were just people with problems. But I have a real difficulty with the president of my country being one of those with "problems."

Every day I read or hear something else about him that worries me. Is it just a coincidence that my blood pressure has been much more difficult to control, since the election? I don't think so. We live in a scary political climate, and I hope most of us survive, intact.

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: March 23, 2017 10:18PM

Well personally I love trump. He's the best we've had since Kennedy. The market has risen 15% since Clinton disappeared. The world affairs are doing much better lately. We have president who isn't afraid of offending the Chinese and Mexicans.

We should be having parades for trump, he's made me $1000s in my IRA. Anyone who does that is great!

Posted by: midwestanon ( )
Date: March 24, 2017 12:58AM

You must also love presenting unsourced anecdotes, like "the market" having risen 15 percent.

Full of Shit as always.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.