Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: dodo ( )
Date: March 23, 2017 03:48PM

I went out to the mailbox today and there were several letters there. Usually I look to see who they are from as I walk back, but Millie was in her yard and she is better looking than mail. Once in the house I started opening the letters and I mistakenly opened one addressed to you. Yes, you the reader of this post. I don't know how the mailman delivered your mail to my mailbox, but it happened.

Since I don't know your address I can't forward it to you so I will just read what it says and you can take it from there.

Dear Sister/Brother Your-name, You have been called to serve a two year full-time mission to the third world country listed below. You will report to the Mission Training Center in 30 days. Immediately cancel all of your schooling or work plans, the Lord's mission is of more importance. Please RSVP within 3 days so we can get your room ready and order more Captain Crunch cereal.

Signed, Q#9

So, what are you going to do? I'm terrible sorry I opened you mail by accident, I was thinking about Millie I guess.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: March 23, 2017 03:53PM

OK, I'm confused...
Was it delivered to your mailbox by mistake, in which case the correct address would be on the letter, or...do you not know my correct address, because the address on the letter is YOUR address? ;-)

If the latter, you are entirely within your rights to throw it away. You *could* try to re-seal it, and hand it back to the postman with "not at this address" written on it, but you're not under any obligation to.

And you might save from kid from a terrible mistake.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: March 23, 2017 05:00PM

Well I'm packing my bags. Otherwise, I may get a visit from TSM and his walker. I wouldn't want him to get crossed and fall down at my doorstep. That would be terrible because my dogs will chase away his guardian angels that support him. I hope they have enough copies of the BoM. I'll dutifully throw away 100 copies a day.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2017 06:17PM by messygoop.

Posted by: cheezus ( )
Date: March 23, 2017 05:14PM

I'm confused too.... is your real name I'm No Dodo?

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: March 23, 2017 05:24PM

Not mine.

Mine would read:

"...You and your spouse must abandon your children and your business, and rent your house to Mormons."

"No, you cannot return for the birth of your grandchild or for any weddings or funerals."

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: March 23, 2017 05:43PM

Put the call on Youtube so we can read the address on the big, impressive envelope.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: March 23, 2017 05:49PM

Man, you blew it! This could have been a you-tube viral video of biblical proportions! All you needed were a gaggle of friends, most of the joking and crying and mumbling prayers and guessing where you might go. You needed to drag it out, and have your girlfriend tearfully promise it's the right thing and she'll wait for you -- unless someone better comes home first.

Better luck next time, Dodo!

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: March 24, 2017 10:13AM

It goes in the recycle bin, like all other junk mail.

Posted by: Hervey Willets ( )
Date: March 24, 2017 11:14PM

Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: March 25, 2017 08:15AM

I am surprised no one has asked - what kind of dog is Millie?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.