Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Curious George ( )
Date: March 23, 2017 12:48AM

Aside from contractors for the church, do you think that individuals in the Utah state government are in on it? Certainly all kinds of damning information on Brigham Young is found in state historical archives that are kept from the public. What about deep government at a state or national level?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: March 23, 2017 08:33AM

Probably no illuminati or secret society if that's what your getting at. But certainly high power wealth management corporations, accounting firms and law practices, advise the corp. of the president on how to manage financial assets.

Kirkon and McKonkie don't sit across the street from temple square by accident, lol!

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: March 23, 2017 11:10AM

It's an interesting observation to me that every time some high-ranking person in the government pays a visit to Utah, they are immediately snapped up in personal, face to face visits with someone in the First Presidency. There are no scheduled visits with any other leaders of any other religious organizations in Utah, except, perhaps very occasionally with some of the Catholic leaders.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: March 23, 2017 11:14AM

I think the "Big 15" are the power behind the "Big 15."
They use, manipulate, and control other people -- very often otherwise "powerful," wealthy, influential people -- through religion. You get more "blessings" if you do what we say kind of thing. And then they make that "prophecy" come true, by funneling church contracts, building projects, and political endorsements to those who do what they want.

They're master manipulators. So much so that even otherwise smart, "powerful," wealthy people will kowtow to them, both to curry their favor and to earn their way to the imaginary CK.

Posted by: anon4this ( )
Date: March 23, 2017 12:07PM

these boys are the men behind the curtain

No Joke... Ensign Peak Advisors, This discreet holding company for LDS Church assets is worth billons

http://www.salamandersociety.com/foyer/ensignpeaks/

http://thewhistleblowers.info/mormon-church-ensign-peak-advisors/

not to be confused with Ensign Peak foundation btw.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: March 23, 2017 01:40PM

Ensign Peak has assets worth billions. It is not worth billions. The assets belong to other organizations - apparently including LDS Inc. Just to be clear on that point.

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: March 23, 2017 12:45PM

I think benson would know out of anybody he was in the direct family.

Posted by: Whiskeytango ( )
Date: March 23, 2017 02:14PM

I think it is a faceless bureaucracy of long time,powerful church employees,mid-level GA's and the "big 15" that run the show. I don't believe that the state government is at all involved,except that as church members,many state executives will defer to them.

The church is self-perpetuating. Almost like "Sky-net" from the "Terminator" movies.

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: March 24, 2017 04:27AM

The prophet's business title says it all. He is the president of the corporation of the president. Jesus christ and latter day saints come way later in the title, and only as an excuse for the church to even exist. They're businessmen, not religious leaders. Their product is a low quality religion.

Posted by: Takeitorleaveit ( )
Date: March 24, 2017 05:36AM

Power in the Big 15 is a function of calling and seniority and then health/actual ability. The most senior apostle is the prophet (currently Monson). His two counselors by calling form the first presidency (currently Eyring and Uchtdorf). Collectively, they wield as much power as the other 12. The next most senior apostle (currently Nelson) is the president of the quorum of the 12. Think of him as the Speaker of the House. He has immense power over the other 11 apostles, controlling things like schedule and agenda. The next 5 senior most apostles can exercise some control over their life (they seem to get the better assignments - you don't see them go to challenging places as much, but maybe that's just because they are older). After that, most apostles have the power of their personal ministry (think Holland) if they have those kind of speaking skills.

What's strange about this organizational structure is that if it appears likely that an apostle might have sufficient seniority and "age gap" between themselves and the apostle above them in seniority, that they could ultimately become the prophet some day under normal life expectancy calculations, they get extra power. Everyone wants to curry favor with the prince who may become king. Currently that 'extra power' distinction must be said to apply to Oaks, Holland and Bednar. Bednar is so young that none of the others below him in seniority have much chance of being the top dog. Assuming they live and unless someone ahead of them lives extraordinarily long, they will each become the prophet and in essence achieve total power within the church.

The top dog gets to speak for God, a power which can be abused. We know how Joseph Smith used that power. Most of these guys seem to become corporatized by their long lives in the church so that in the 20th and 21st century there has been a lot less of the prophets testicles speaking for God than there was in the early church. "I've received a revelation that you need to go overseas and serve a mission, oh, and by the way, I've also received a revelation that I'm supposed to marry your wife after you've left on your journey."

Posted by: Curious George ( )
Date: March 24, 2017 04:59PM

I guess if the church was controlled by more than old geezers in the big 15 and high ranking brainwashed church employees, then the church would be of a lot higher quality for its members.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: March 24, 2017 06:23PM

The Ty-D-Bol folks like to visit. They come from Saint Louis.

Kimberly Clark likes to visit too. They offer their depends with sacred markings to all those that desire them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2017 06:29PM by messygoop.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.