Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Josephina ( )
Date: March 22, 2017 11:31PM

I know this is a silly question but I just had to ask, because there are Mormons who really believe this can happen. That Priesthood is Powerful!

Also, some commenter on You-Tube has warned talking ex-mo's that they could receive the same rotting disease Joseph's killers were afflicted with (?) after they shot him. He said that some day you will look in the mirror and your nose will be falling off your face because it's rotted. Later other parts of your body will begin rotting and falling off. Oh, the fate of those who oppose Joseph Smith! No unhallowed hand...This commenter is a convert. Is TSCC recruiting converts who actually believe this stuff? Or are they simply attracting the unstable into the church?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: - ( )
Date: March 22, 2017 11:46PM

I'm still waiting for my dark skin.

Curses are for imbeciles and children. And racists from the 19th century.

Posted by: seamaiden ( )
Date: March 22, 2017 11:59PM

I have vitiligo, so my curse is to get whiter!! It could also be a faulty gene found most commonly in people who North European ancestry. Either way I'm cool with it. Spray tanning in the summer gets expensive, but its a pretty lax curse if it is one

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2017 12:02AM by seamaiden.

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: March 23, 2017 12:30AM

sometimes bad things can happen when we make major poor decisions. Take for instance chain smoking, the curse is lung disease. Or how about promiscuity? the curse is STDs. Or driving reckless? the curse is getting maimed for life.

Date: March 23, 2017 01:22AM

For sure! I wonder how many STDs Joseph Smith had?

Posted by: ericka ( )
Date: March 23, 2017 02:19AM

The one and only person i've ever known that had this happen to was a serving mormon bishop.

He got cancer in his jaw bone that eventually traveled to other parts of his face. It was horrible.

He was a bishop when he died.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: March 23, 2017 12:31PM

Of course, that BP with cancer was called home to god, not cursed according to the tbm mindset.

A BP behaved foolishly and dove head-first into a Nor-Cal river on a faith promoting youth activity. He broke his neck and drowned after he collided with a submerged rock that was obscured in the murky water. The same justification of god calling him home was suggested instead of acting reckless.

TBMs always feel better to hear about all the "bitter" apostates being afflicted with all types sickness and disease.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: March 23, 2017 12:51PM

No. Not here. I'm still talking a mile a minute and saying very inappropriate things to Mormons at times. Haven't had to beg for food. Being trampled to death doesn't seem likely either since I never go to the big rock concerts and have no intention of running with the bulls at Pamplona.

However, besides the Korihor, many of the other curses sent my way by the Mormons have worked out very well.

Apparently I have been condemned to not sit through three hour blocks, condemned to drink coffee and wine, against my will I am being forced to read anything I want, love who I want, and overtime I go to write a check for "membership dues," my hand becomes suddenly paralyzed. What a curse!

I have been seriously upbraided!

Date: March 23, 2017 03:31PM

I was struck dumb with boredom at those 3 hour blocks!

Posted by: dodo ( )
Date: March 23, 2017 01:07PM

I've been struck dumb a few times in my life and sometimes I wonder if I ever recovered from it. Luckily for me I was too dumb struck to know I was dumb.

Date: March 23, 2017 03:27PM

I got struck dumb with amazement at learning the real history of Joseph Smith!

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: March 23, 2017 01:19PM

I have a skin tag on the back of my neck. Hopefully it will rot and fall off, if I disparage the church enough.

It's rather unsightly. My wife doesn't seem to mind it, bless her.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: March 23, 2017 01:58PM

It happened to me, but thanks to 0.5% Desonide ointment, I got better.

Posted by: RPackham ( )
Date: March 23, 2017 02:38PM

Several years ago a very devout and faithful Mormon who had found my website angrily wrote to me and used his supposed authority as a holder of the Melchizedek priesthood to pronounce a curse on me, to smite me, yea, to smite me dumb, verily, the self-same curse wherewith Alma cursed Korihor in the 30th chapter of the Book of Alma, namely, that I be struck dumb and have no more utterance. And this was to be a sure sign of the power of his God and his priesthood.

I immediately wrote him back and used my authority to prophesy that his curse wouldn't work, and that he would soon be giving me excuses why it didn't. I was not struck dumb. I didn't even get a sore throat.

When I wrote him this, his first excuse was that it would take effect sometime later. I responded that Alma's curse took effect immediately.

His next excuse was that he had not used the words "in the name of Jesus Christ." I suggested that he try it again and use the right words. (Alma hadn't used those words, either, actually.)

His next excuse was that he had cursed me in anger, implying, I suppose, that one can curse effectively only with love and kindness.

His final excuse was that only one priesthood holder at a time has the keys to do such smiting, and he wasn't the one (implying, I guess, that I would have to be taken before the Prophet in Salt Lake City, as Korihor was taken before Alma).

But here I am, still talking. As the false priests of Baal could not call down fire from heaven in chapter 18 of I Kings, so the false priests of Mormonism apparently cannot strike anybody dumb.

And my prophecy was fulfilled, several times!

Date: March 23, 2017 03:24PM

Wow, somebody really thought he could do it! There's some nut commenter on YouTube who is warning people under anti-mormon videos that terrible things are going to happen to them for speaking out against Joseph Smith and other Mormon stuff. Supposedly some people got a rotting disease? Sounds like leprosy, the way they describe it. I'm sure it's just Mormon folklore.

Posted by: here you go ( )
Date: March 23, 2017 03:43PM

Someone wrote a book about it.

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1767425

Debunked by GAs no less.

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: March 23, 2017 03:37PM

I had a kidney stone "and it came to pass". Would that count? I've found also, the best way to avoid getting trampled is to stay away from the stores on Black Friday. ;)

Posted by: RebelJamesDean ( )
Date: March 23, 2017 07:10PM

Every time I spend a week in Hawaii I am cursed by Korihor and I love it. I wish the curse was permanent:)

Posted by: se7enthdagger ( )
Date: March 23, 2017 08:41PM

...Iv got Gluten Intollerance... I see it as a curse myself most days

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: March 23, 2017 08:51PM

I-15 along the Wasatch front is The Curse of Korihor. Best chances of getting' trampled anywhere !

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.