Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: sciven ( )
Date: March 22, 2017 05:50PM

I'm an attorney with 25 years experience in an area of the country where there are more LDS attorneys than non LDS attorneys.

Being an attorney is difficult in the sense that it usually requires the adoption of a distrustful outlook on life.

If you are a "turn the other cheek" type of person, becoming an attorney will be a difficult transition.

Having said that, I find that most attorneys I work with or against work hard and are conscientious.

My personal observation and possibly overstated "gripe" about LDS attorneys is that they position themselves as being above reproach. Bishops, Stake President's etc. aren't mean or aggressive...to your face.

They want everyone to think that they are Christlike but behind the scenes they are often the most aggressive, the least honest, and the least personable attorneys in the room.

They have very little time or patience for social networking.

Any marketing effort from an LDS attorney is obvious for it's insincerity.

Users of overly sharp angles and convenient "forgetters" of conversations and deals.

In my opinion most non LDS attorneys, don't hide who they are or pretend to be something they aren't. They tend to be aggressive in the Courtroom, professional during the fight, straight in their dealmaking, yet sincere and even kind when the fight is over.

Just my 2 pennies.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: fell out ( )
Date: March 22, 2017 05:56PM

opinion on Kirton & McConkie lawyers - any thoughts.

Nice suits, nice cars,nice digs and arrogant to the max

they charge a lot... holy cow do they!!

Posted by: scriven ( )
Date: March 22, 2017 06:10PM

What I mean by that is that as a profession successful lawyers tend to get big-headed and forget that in the grand scheme, most of what they do is soon forgotten.

Add to that:

a belief that God has granted you special knowledge and authority;

the inability to question some very crazy things for longer then a second;

and couple both with a Mercedes Benz, a 6500 square foot home, and a plastic surgery improved former cheerleader;

and you've got yourself a real piece of work.

Posted by: Myron Donnerbalken ( )
Date: March 22, 2017 06:38PM

Soylent Green... Er, I mean, the LDS church IS Kirton McConkie. They are it and it is they.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: March 22, 2017 07:52PM

The managing partner in one of Lethbridge's more prominent old law firms was retained by my wife'a evil aunt to do an end run around my MIL's will and power of attorney in an attempt to empty her bank accounts while she was dying. I called him and challenged him on his actions and our conversation developed into quite the yelling match. He and the evil aunt did not prevail. He is of course, an UBER TBM. I would not piss on him were he to catch fire in my presence.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.