Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: March 22, 2017 02:46PM

This sounds like Satan actually *likes* what Jesus did when he destroys a baker's dozen of cities*:

3 Nephi 9:1 "1 And it came to pass that there was a voice heard among all the inhabitants of the earth, upon all the face of this land, crying:

2 Wo, wo, wo unto this people; wo unto the inhabitants of the whole earth except they shall repent; for the devil laugheth, and his angels rejoice, because of the slain of the fair sons and daughters of my people; and it is because of their iniquity and abominations that they are fallen!

3 Behold, that great city Zarahemla have I burned with fire, and the inhabitants thereof."

Here's what official Gospel Doctrine says:

"The phrase, wickedness never was happiness (Alma 41:10), has many applications. From it, we learn that when the wicked are killed and the devil laughs, he is not really happy. Though his angels rejoice, they have no lasting joy. His mocking laughter signifies not his happiness but that another has been made miserable like unto himself (2 Ne 2:27). The destruction of another soul is as good as it gets for Satan's club of the condemned."

Doesn't make any sense to me, but then what does when dealing with this crap? This sounds like Jesus is helping his brother Lucifer out by damning sinners and reducing his own workload for redemption.

Well done, Jesus. However, if we could find the names of these condemned souls who were buried, drowned and burned alive by thousands (including children), could they still be dead-dunked and endowed as members of the Mormon church? Deep, deep theology.....

*By the way, this is the same Jesus that is the Light of the World, and came to redeem sinners; I guess they didn't repent. But it sounds like they didn't even have a chance to repent...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: liesarenotuseful ( )
Date: March 22, 2017 03:17PM

Jesus was sure grumpy back then.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: March 22, 2017 03:43PM

19th century Calvinism. There's not a scrap of archaeological evidence that calamities happened in either the Americas or the Holy Land in 33AD.

Some Mormons will argue that the mountains were pushed up during that period, but erosion rates require such things to be much older.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.