Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: paintinginthewin ( )
Date: March 22, 2017 01:46PM

I found the Salt Lake Tribune article. tragic experience for the trusting girl, can anyone scan the accused boys geneology and see if they are related to a murderer in some generations on one family line only in the distant past, or serial killer cousin or great uncle in the past , maybe this behavior set of characteristic traits being expressed or they were descended from pioneer Mormon vigilante (Danites) who tended to vigilante murder with no empathy. Someone needs to know so folks can address it with early intervention, and avoid abandonment and violence in the critical first three or four years, empathy training, or careful behavioral monitoring and control when such children are identified young enough. ...because it is horrifying in the community unaddressed and heart breaking to the families in which it manifests.

I still recall an out of state transfer student, a male, telling me don't ever trust me, don't be friendly don't even talk if you see me after I graduate ...so I think this lack of empathy and predatory conduct among some males exists, is possible. ( he had burned down 5 or 6 houses including killing pets and injuring sleeping relatives.)

Google sociopath or psychopath and childhood identification, attempted early intervention.

Great article: "a neuroscientist discovers a dark secret" June 29, 2010 by Barbara Hagerty reporting on James Fallon phd research, which indicated that PET scans indicated an inactivity in a certain brain part in psychopaths but, however, that environmental exposure to violence appeared required to trigger or elicit violence in them (that it wasn't hopeless)

Dr James Fallon phd. University California Irvine has a Ted talk, and You tubes on this topic i.e. "The criminal mind, three ingredients"

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2017 11:10PM by paintinginthewin.

Posted by: liesarenotuseful ( )
Date: March 22, 2017 03:25PM

I assume you are asking about Deserae Turner's shooter. That happened by my daughter's high school, not far from home. The papers aren't releasing the boys' names since they are minors. If they end up being tried as adults, I think their names will be released. I don't know them. My daughter knows who they are and is friends with the shooter's sister. The sister said that their family had no clue or idea that her brother would do something like this. It is tragic all around. Deserae met him at a party and sent him too many snapchat messages, so he wanted to get rid of her. The paper today says that he even met her at the same canal before, with the intent to kill her, and couldn't do it that time. I want to cry every time I see her picture all around town, people doing fund raisers to help pay medical expenses. Thank goodness she survived.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2017 03:32PM by liesarenotuseful.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.