Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ukresearcher ( )
Date: March 22, 2017 03:55AM

Hi all I hope this is OK to post? Please if you are happy to would you complete a survey for me as part of some research I'm doing for the end of my degree? It's about the relationship between theistic belief and personality in ex-cult members.

I am a former Jehovah's Witness and have participated in research conducted by former Mormons

https://openss.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3eKeBB2MkUrY0YJ Thanks ☺

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: March 22, 2017 11:59AM

If you asked Eric K. first, the survey will stay up. I will take your survey though, because this is also an area I have researched and it's deeply engaging to study.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: March 22, 2017 12:14PM

I took the survey, hope it helps.

For the OP: though this may relate to my "personality type," I find the "two-choice options" such as most of the survey questions are to be deeply unsatisfying. For the vast majority of those questions, neither answer was "correct" for me. I felt more like I was picking the "least wrong" one than the right one. Just FYI.

Can you let us know when the research is finished and published?
Thanks.

Posted by: paintinginthewin ( )
Date: March 22, 2017 12:15PM

The questions are too "either - or." It's just too hard. I can't answer the questions. (I tried. I tried twice. Kept getting different answers. It's too hard I can't do it.)...I have more than one focal point in my life. Context is of great significance.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2017 12:44PM by paintinginthewin.

Posted by: ukresearcher ( )
Date: March 22, 2017 12:31PM

Thanks to those who have participated. I appreciate that forced choice questionnaires don't always offer an option which is fully representative of the individual. I will share the conclusions of the research here.

Posted by: farside ( )
Date: March 22, 2017 12:41PM

I started then I quit. Couldn't answer the questions.

Is it worse to be unjust or merciless. Couldn't decide. Both are bad. Too many questions like that.

Posted by: Heretic 2 ( )
Date: March 22, 2017 06:46PM

I hope my survey response was of use to you. Many of the questions couldn't really be answered appropriately with the two answers available.

Q:When with friends, do you do this or that?
A:Neither. I don't have any friends.

Q:When at parties, do you do this or that?
A:Neither. I never seem to go to parties.

Q:In intimate relationships, do you hug and kiss, or do you debate philosophy?
A:Neither. I am not in an intimate relationship.

Q:At work, do you like chaos or order?
A:Due to the nature of the work, we are not allowed to like chaos. I don't even really know what that means. The company would go out of business and we would all be laid off if we preferred chaos to order.

Q:Do you like glittering generalities or beautiful principles?
A:Say what? Can you define the terms and concepts? Does it really matter which answer I give if the ideas involved are different to each person who reads or studies the survey question and no two people are talking about the same thing?

I answered the best that I could. I hope my aberrant personality type doesn't throw off your survey results.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.