Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: paulk ( )
Date: March 21, 2017 10:28PM

Heard an ad for Mormon Heartland Tours on KSL this morning, and just shook my head. Only in Utah

According to the ad, great advances in Book of Mormon studies have led researchers to identify that Lehi's family landed on the Florida Gulf Coast and then spread northward until the end at the Hill Cumorah in New York.

"Recent breakthroughs decoding its geography are allowing a tour where you can experience the entire thousand year New World history of the Book of Mormon – its chronology – in two immersive educational and spiritual and fun weeks!"

http://bookofmormonevidence.org/2016-book-of-mormon-heartland-tours/

Looks like they've got a full summer of taking the faithful for a ride through the heart of Book of Mormon country.

P.S. If this doesn't fall under the LDS definition of Priestcraft (preaching for material gain), I don't know what does.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2017 10:29PM by paulk.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: numbersRus ( )
Date: March 21, 2017 10:43PM

They're not the only ones...

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: March 21, 2017 11:17PM

how convenient it's all in the states. No one has to go through the jungles of Guatemala or pass through war torn Venezuela. Guess they won't be seeing the actual myan pyramids.

For TBMS This would be like taking a bible tour but going to Japan instead of the middle east?

Posted by: dp ( )
Date: March 22, 2017 01:05AM

Hope the drop by Kirtland and talk about the anti-baking safety society; that's a great one.

Posted by: numbersRus ( )
Date: March 23, 2017 11:14AM

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: March 22, 2017 08:34AM

"Recent breakthroughs decoding its geography"

Why doesn't Tom Monson just tell us where it happened???? He is a prophet after all, right??? He can simply ask God next Thursday, right?????? So what do he and God talk about whenever God drops by??????????????

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: March 22, 2017 08:48AM

My sister did one of these. I was pretty sad when she enthusiastically told me about all the "history." I was sad that she believed any of it.

Posted by: NYCGal ( )
Date: March 22, 2017 09:34AM

This is great!

Finally, one can visit all of the Book of Mormon sites and not get Montezuma's Revenge. Pure stroke of genius on the part of the tour operator. See the Book of Mormon sites while staying in the good ole USofA!

Every time I think I've seen everything with respect to this silly religion, something new pops up.

Thanks for the chuckle.

Posted by: readwrite ( )
Date: March 23, 2017 10:41AM

Website for sale. Some CHAIN(ge)- broken link OP.

The LDSc is ALWAYS trying to sell it's followers something (more) [bs]!

It profits off them any - and every - way it can.

Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: March 23, 2017 12:05PM

"Recent breakthroughs decoding its geography...."

That means "we don't know any more now than we ever did which has always been nothing."

Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: March 23, 2017 12:18PM

When you multiply all of the new discoveries by the amount of original knowledge you will end up with a fat zero.

And, for good measure when you add 1 to zero the only thing you have is what you added. When the starting point is zero the added information becomes the de facto starting point. Each new discovery is purported to go back to the zero when in fact it is just additional discovery on the initial added information. Each new piece of information reaffirms itself. It is just bad science, logic, and so forth.

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: March 23, 2017 04:03PM

"Educational" my eye!

Is there such a thing as anti-educational?

Do they include the cabbage patch tour to see from where babies come?

Posted by: snowball ( )
Date: March 23, 2017 04:30PM

And Disney World is where Zarahemla was located what a bonus!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.