Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: kativicky ( )
Date: March 21, 2017 08:39PM

Mom is not doing really well and there is a possibility that she may pass away in the next few days. Her body is working so hard to fight the infections that her lungs and heart can't fight any longer. There is a little hope but not very much. She is sleeping and comfortable and has no clue on what is going on.
Dad is on the way up to Chapel Hill as we speak and we are working on trying to find a way for me to travel there as well so I can be with her. I have been doing a lot of crying this afternoon and I have been extremely anxious about this situation that my mom is in. Please be send my mom all the good thoughts or prayers (whatever works for you) that you can send to Mom, me and the rest of my family.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: March 21, 2017 08:46PM

Best thoughts.

Remember, tears will be replaced with good memories over time. I hope you can travel too, but don't be hard on yourself no matter how or when this resolves.

Your parents are lucky you care so much about them.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: March 21, 2017 08:51PM

That's so sad to hear.

Does she have hospice?

Sending good thoughts, prayers, and hugs your way!

Posted by: pugsly ( )
Date: March 21, 2017 09:21PM

Thinking good thoughts for the three of you.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: March 21, 2017 09:38PM

May healing and peace come to you and your family. This has been a difficult journey and you've done everything you could for your parents. This is a very hard time and we, here, care and support you.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: March 21, 2017 09:48PM

Oh, Kativicky! You good little daughter!

Sending all of you good thoughts.

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: March 21, 2017 11:23PM

Sending you the best thoughts I can muster, kativicky.

You have a great heart--you know that, I hope? Save a little of it for yourself because you deserve it and your folks surely want you to share in your own love.

And let it all out, all your feelings. You'll get through this!

-- Bill

Posted by: peculiargifts ( )
Date: March 21, 2017 11:28PM

My best wishes also. I hope that your mother will recover, but whatever comes, please take care of yourself. I am certain that your love will be the biggest comfort for everyone.

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: March 21, 2017 11:42PM

prayers to your mother, and may she get over this infection !!!

Posted by: stellam ( )
Date: March 21, 2017 11:58PM

Sending you and your mom and dad my very best love. Try to take care of yourself as you care for her.

Posted by: thingsithink ( )
Date: March 22, 2017 12:05AM

I hope your mom, you and your family feel all of the good thoughts enveloping you. I wish you all peace and comfort. I hope she comes thru this and I'll keep her and your family in my thoughts.

Date: March 22, 2017 12:55PM

Mom is stable and she is going up to get a CT Scan. The results of that will help determine if they can move her closer to home so it will not be such a strain on the rest of the family to go and see her especially for my dad. Doctors are hopeful but there is still a lot of unknowns. Apparently some of the family is heading home but I don't know who all is coming back accept my brother and sister in law.

So I do have to vent a little because this is the only place I know I can at the moment but when my SIL told me that Mom may pass away soon, she acted like she didn't understand why I was upset about not being able to find a way to see her. The hospital mom is at in 3 1/2 hours away, I do not have a car, and I am extremely limited in how I get around. Here in town, I have a bus system that will come and pick you up and take you to where you need to go as long as it is within the county and this has been how I have been getting around since Mom and Dad have been sick. Well my SIL thinks I have a long list of people who are readily available to take me wherever I need to go. The few few friends I have, have their own lives that include careers, school and family and just can drop what they are doing and take me where I need to know let alone taking me somewhere that is almost 3-4 hours away. Maybe I am being selfish to think that they would actually think that I may need help going to go see my mom, I don't know.

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: March 22, 2017 06:15PM

(((Kat))) I wish I was close by to help you and to drive you anywhere you want to go. I understand your getting upset when you can't see your mom.
I wish good health and well being for you and your parents. Love ya, Aquarius

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2017 06:18PM by aquarius123.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: March 22, 2017 06:45PM

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: March 22, 2017 06:47PM

Warm thoughts for you, Kativicky. She's such a lucky mom to have you.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 22, 2017 07:26PM

I'm sending you a hug, Kativicky. Where you are now, I once was. Your mom knows that you love her and that has always been a comfort to her. Know that you are doing everything that you can reasonably do. No one could ask more of a daughter.

I would talk with the doctors about moving her closer to home so that you can visit with her more. Is your dad able to authorize this? Just something to consider.

Date: March 22, 2017 07:48PM

They were suppose to do a CT Scan on her heart and head to determine whether or not she could withstand being transfer to another hospital closer to home. I think my brother and SIL is trying to get her to the hospital in either Greenville with is an hour and a half away or New Bern which is 30 minutes away. I haven't heard anything from my SIL yet about it yet so I don't know if it will happen or not.

I just don't want it to be like it was when my mom's parents died because mom has always felt a bit guilty for not being with either of them when they passed even if she never talked about it much but I always knew that she was sad about not being there.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 22, 2017 07:59PM

See if you can talk to the patient advocate at her current hospital about your options. I was able to be with my mom when she died, and I'm glad that was the case. But know if that is not possible that your mom loves you and is with you in her heart.

Date: March 23, 2017 10:20AM

My SIL just said that Mom had an intubulation done today. They wanted to have that done to make things a little easier on her body and if she doesn't improve in a few days, they will be taking her off of it. I am going to assume that this means that she is on a ventilator.

I also reactivated my dad's old cell phone so it would be easier for all of us to talk to him if no one is able to get to see him while he is in rehab.

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: March 23, 2017 03:58PM

Thinking of you and sending you my best wishes for you and your mother.

Posted by: sbg ( )
Date: March 23, 2017 04:10PM

Hugs, Prayers, good thoughts and whatever else you need. I am so sorry your family is facing this.

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: March 24, 2017 01:54AM

I'm sorry you are having trouble getting to see your mother.

Sending good thoughts to you, that you will find a way to be with her, and have a safe trip.

Sending positive energy to your mother, that her body will fight off the infection in the next few days.

Sending love to you, during this tough time in your life. Thank you for sharing your love and compassion with us. We feel honored.

(((((hugs)))))

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.