Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: March 21, 2017 08:11AM

Who is responsible for keeping track of who has exited or who won't allow mormon contact? Involved official mormons have that job. We don't.

Who is to blame if mormons continue to harass after being told no? Mormons are responsible, never the victims of harassment.

EVERYONE has a right to say who can come onto their property or up to their door. That includes never-mormons, ex-mormons, and even participating mormons.

If someone doesn't want home teachers or priesthood guys visiting them, they have a complete right to say, "Stop the visits to my home."

Once any official in the mormon church receives that clear message, they need to cut off the visits.

What if someone wants to officially resign to cut off the harassment? They can do this by writing a letter or email. It's best to send this to SLC because local yokels sometimes fail to follow through. They are in violation of church policy, but some of them don't know or care.

Still, this isn't the fault of the exmo. It's the fault of the LDS official.

An exmo can either try again, and yet again if there are problems, or they can demand that mormons follow up and get to the bottom of their own paperwork snarl.

Believe me. If mormons know that the police will be informed, they'll likely act. The same is true if they think they'll be hosed or an attorney will contact them.

One never-mormon on RfM said he and his friend were being harassed at two different addresses because mormons wouldn't work out their paperwork. Actually, mormons often aren't motivated to eliminate addresses or limit harassment. They assume that whatever names and addresses they have represent possible tithes and future free labor.

In my own case, I got tired of trying to handle mormon snafus. One time going to the police and following their advice to turn on the hose worked better that years of polite explanations and turn downs.

Mormons hate embarrassment, public outrage, legal entanglements and getting their white shirts dampened.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Timothy ( )
Date: March 23, 2017 02:53PM

Hey, Cheryl!

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: March 23, 2017 02:55PM

Thanks for stopping in!

Posted by: Timothy ( )
Date: March 23, 2017 03:04PM

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: March 24, 2017 12:02AM

Exmo Classic. An all-time favorite!

Posted by: oneinbillions ( )
Date: March 24, 2017 06:02AM

I'm so glad that I don't get harassed even though I live in Mormon Central AKA Utah. I wonder what my parents did when they went inactive to stop TSCC from contacting us? In the past few years we've had mishies at the door once and a neighbor with a green missionary once wanting to "talk" but that's it. Maybe our names just haven't come up for reactivation yet...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.