Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: kativicky ( )
Date: March 19, 2017 11:04AM

Good Morning Everyone. The weather is a bit crappy here in NC but that is okay. I got a couple of household chores to get done along with some homework with some puttering around on the computer through into the mix. Dad is still in rehab and doing great. Mom is not doing as well but I will save that story for another thread.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dodo ( )
Date: March 19, 2017 11:13AM

Cooked up some Farmer John's sausage links, couple of eggs, and some delicious to the taste coffee. Watched the neighbors leave for church. Walked out back and seen a few peas starting to pop out of the garden. It's a bright sunny day, trees are starting to bud out, birds chirping, and the best part of all of this is; I'm not going to be sitting in a gall durn church meeting listening to crap about Joe again.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: March 19, 2017 11:18AM

It's spring break, so I can catch up on some housecleaning, so I'm doing the closets today and start packing away some winter clothes. Taking the lovable giant of a malamute I watch on a short hike later, probably just going to order pizza for dinner so I can clean and get organized, which helps with the creative process so I can start my philosophy paper and make jewelry this week.

Posted by: hiya ( )
Date: March 19, 2017 11:21AM

Reading about Jesus in the book of Matthew and pondering just how different this is from the Morg. No mention of garments, no eternal marriage, no going to church building, genealogy for salvation, and interesting to see Jesus talk to the pharisees on tithing on their mint but ignoring the weightier matters like love.

Rather I'm seeing no church building, love, kindness, healing, compassion, selflessness etc. Interesting how far off this is from the realities and structure of the COJOLDS.

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: March 19, 2017 12:33PM

I have my usual chores, especially Spanish homework for my class tomorrow. We also threw a big birthday party last night for my niece and the house is a mess...

But today I also have an interesting and church-related task, which is replying to a long and overly wrought email sent to me by a young man who used to date one of my stepdaughters and, while doing so, ripped me off of a couple thousand dollars.

His email included the news that he has in fact found God through the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and is now a changed man! (He doesn't know I've left the church; he does not mention the $.) Won't he be surprised when I tell him that money talks and BS walks: return the $ to me and then he can tell me all about his new spiritual enlightenment. So I'm looking forward to writing that email!

Posted by: seamaiden ( )
Date: March 19, 2017 12:35PM

Nothing til my daughter get back from church, then driving her back to college. might stop and eat somewhere on the way

Posted by: pickleweed ( )
Date: March 19, 2017 12:45PM

Writing poetry

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: March 19, 2017 02:32PM

I'm going to enjoy a beer and lunch with a friend.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: March 19, 2017 02:39PM

Coffee and going to visit a pal in the hospital who's having heart surgery tomorrow.

Posted by: lazylizard ( )
Date: March 19, 2017 03:13PM

Hanging out with my bearded dragon Afi'kalaka (female), eat some noodles and watch movies. It is a relaxing day today.

Sunday = FUN DAY!

I just have quiet fun.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: March 19, 2017 03:58PM

I was really good today.

Filed my taxes, state and federal!

And had my bi-annual eye exam. :)

Did a bit of grocery shopping, and basically just laying low waiting for the workweek to begin.

:)

Posted by: cakeordeath ( )
Date: March 19, 2017 04:14PM

Went snowboarding for the second day in a row. My legs are like noodles this afternoon. Both days of riding were comped and I didn't pay for any food, beer, or passes. Only once in a great while do the planets align and I get to do this.

Sore, sunburnt, and wanting more. Brats on the grill tonight. I love Sundays and have for the last 17 years.

Cake

Posted by: ikandee2000 ( )
Date: March 19, 2017 04:19PM

Went to kiddo's soccer game! They won!

Posted by: severedpuppetstrings ( )
Date: March 19, 2017 06:41PM

Gathered with a group called Impact Outreach and fed the homeless.

I also did another poetry open mic night. I ddefinitely prefer it over TSCC's version of open mic which is the F&T Meeting.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: March 19, 2017 06:49PM

There are some fields up by Blacksmith Fork Canyon here in Hyrum, Utah, that the city is going to make a big park out of. My little dogs love running in the fields much better than walking on pavement.

Did some yard work. The bishop lives next door. The mormon lady on the other side came out to talk to me while I was raking lawn. I thought that was interesting. I thought they'd all ignore me.

Watched the 20/20 about Manson.

Took a nap.

And now I'm working . . . well, trying to work. Work is slow today.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.