Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Rameumptom ( )
Date: March 18, 2017 02:07PM

Recovery for me has included figuring what habits and beliefs from my Mormon days to keep, and what to leave behind. I've learned, for the most part, to stop attributing everything to god, or satan, my worthiness, or the church. Found you car keys? I't wasn't god. Love your family? Doesn't mean the church is true? Lost your job? It isn't because your are unworthy. This has been a positive step.

But I don't want to throw away the good parts of my upbringing. And I do find that keeping gratitude in my heart is a habit that makes me healthy and happy.

So here is my exmo blessing list for today.

1. After trying to use my key to call the elevator this morning instead of pressing the button, I'm grateful for a second cup of coffee.
2. The air smelled of spring today. Grateful for it.
3. Had sex today. No one looked over my shoulder to say what the rules are and what it all means. My partner and I decided what the rules are. Grateful for a profound and human experience.

What is your exmo gratitude list today?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: windyway ( )
Date: March 18, 2017 02:11PM

I'm grateful for being able to rest when I'm sick, that my littlest can make his own chocolate milk and that my oldest daughters can enjoy an invigorating bike ride on a local trail.

I'm grateful that can listen to podcasts and read perspectives of others who are disenchanted with Mormonism. It helps.

I'm grateful for my sympathetic husband and children and that we enjoy being together.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2017 02:12PM by windyway.

Posted by: gatorman ( )
Date: March 18, 2017 02:42PM

I am thankful for my wife, three children employed and paying into the social security system, healthy grandchildren, stable preemies and blue and orange colors. Steve Spurrier makes the list as well...

Gatorman

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2017 02:42PM by gatorman.

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: March 18, 2017 04:55PM

I lack nothing of importance. Meanwhile my cup runneth over.

The sun came out long enough today to dry the laundry we hung on the line on the roof, while the puppies ran circles around my ankles, nipping at my pants to show me how fierce they are. The delicious warmth of the sun on face was exceeded only by the joy of watching the puppies.

My wife is a highly addictive drug. Fortunately the supply is unlimited and the price is reasonable.

And while sometimes I don't understand the movie I'm watching (where I live, the movies are in Spanish), I always understand the popcorn.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: March 18, 2017 10:25PM

Finding interesting posts to comment on.

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: March 18, 2017 10:31PM

Feeling the sun on my face and the warmth of it.

Reading in AARP magazine that drinking 2 or 3 cups of coffee per day REALLY is good for you.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.