Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 17, 2017 07:20PM

There is a post over on the red site right now written by a paramedic. He responded to call only to find a 13 year old boy dead from suicide in an obviously LDS household. The youth left a letter indicating that he was gay.

See the post titled: Why are you so cruel?

So this is what I thought reading that post: Perhaps along with a paramedic, a Mormon apostle should be required to respond the suicide of every Mormon gay youth. I am not under the illusion that such a response would do much to comfort the family. But maybe it would do something for church leadership to intimately understand the destructiveness of their policies. Exactly how many suicides viewed up close and personal would it take to get a Mormon apostle to understand?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: windyway ( )
Date: March 17, 2017 07:25PM

Red site??

Posted by: auntsukey ( )
Date: March 17, 2017 07:47PM

It's the red-
dit site.

Posted by: windyway ( )
Date: March 18, 2017 02:32AM

Thanks!

Posted by: blakballoon ( )
Date: March 17, 2017 07:48PM

Reddit....
There I said it

It has an exmormon forum

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2017 07:49PM by blakballoon.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: March 17, 2017 08:29PM

As usual, LDS apostles are noticeably absent.

They couldn't care less about their own, even the ones they disown (clue: any members, some more "valuable" than others).

They blame the humans for being [themselves] gay, and that makes them gay (happy). They are like arsons who revel in their destruction.

They'd just tell the parents, "I told you so", but, like cowards, are too afraid to be honest, even with themselves.

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: March 17, 2017 08:49PM

Gays aren't the only ones killing themselves in the religion believe you me. Those so called apostles have been oblivious to their actions since the stone age.

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: March 18, 2017 11:05AM

Many a gay youth commits suicide. It's not unique to Mormonism.

Posted by: peculiargifts ( )
Date: March 18, 2017 06:51PM

It's a tragedy, no matter what horrible, narrow-minded, hate-filled, ignorant group is dumping their garbage on their Gay children. However, this thread is about the evils of the horrible, narrow-minded, hate-filled, ignorant Mormon church, dumping its garbage on its Gay children.

So that's how the conversation tends to go....

Posted by: Loyalexmo not logged in ( )
Date: March 19, 2017 10:18AM

Posted by: blindguy ( )
Date: March 19, 2017 12:57PM

True. But the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, more than any other single religious group in the U.S., controls the laws of a single state (Utah) with regard to how homosexual youth are to be treated.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: March 18, 2017 11:15AM

The Apostles are completely desensitized--not oblivious. They simply don't care as they are too busy swanning around being superior and accepting accolades from their fans.

You have to search far and wide to find people as deeply shallow and apathetic as the Mormon Celebrity Caste.

And to those here who would discount this tragedy by saying, it's not unique to Mormonism or Gays aren't the only ones killing themselves like we don't know this already and thereby insinuating that it is just business as usual: Every one of theses suicides matters. Why it happened matters. Religion, especially Mormonism has a responsibility and often a culpability. Right now we have a Vice President who wants to reinstate a parents right to take their gay children to conversion therapy even though the kinder more intelligent states have already made laws to ban that barbarian practice.

What is the acceptable quota for gay suicides anyway? I'll tell you. ZERO

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: March 18, 2017 11:33AM

As tragic as it is, it's very important institutionally to investigate what's going on. This is the canary in the coal mine. Your religion could kill more, or make them sick. But of course the GAs live in a deep state of denial. Like frogs at the bottom of a well, looking up at the sky.

Posted by: Atari ( )
Date: March 18, 2017 04:54PM

So sad. The Mormon church is a toxic environment for gay people.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: March 19, 2017 10:32AM

The GAs don't care. Not in the least. Going to the scene of the suicide would probably make them worse, not better.

A 13-year-old. That is just so young. What kind of agony did he go through even before the suicide and for all his life from the time he figured out he is gay. Going to church every Sunday and being told he is a sinner just for feelings and despised by God. And he probably had nobody to talk to.

Posted by: kumanjiro ( )
Date: March 19, 2017 11:19AM

This is more common than you would hope.
My 14 year old sister was in the hospital for two weeks after she tried to kill herself, because of the pressured put on her by Mormonism. She also is gay.

Posted by: Elizasnowjob ( )
Date: March 19, 2017 12:53PM

This breaks my heart. I wonder if the parents feel sadness or relief. No doubt this child was raised by authoritarian parents. So sad. This shouldn't happen. Ever.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.