Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: March 16, 2017 08:43PM

Sorry, Mormons. Not having tight curly hair and a wide nose aren't signs of Heavenly Father's favour. It's because your ancient ancestors adapted to living in a cold, dry climate.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2017/mar/16/climate-shaped-the-human-nose-researchers-say

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: FallenCountryManoevers ( )
Date: March 16, 2017 10:40PM

Being cursed with skin colour "black like a flint"- this happened to Cain- is a different issue from having brown or copper skin color.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: March 16, 2017 11:18PM

"You see some classes of the human family that are black, uncouth, uncomely, disagreeable and low in their habits, wild, and seemingly deprived of nearly all the blessings of the intelligence that is generally bestowed upon mankind . . . Cain slew his brother. Cain might have been killed, and that would have put a termination to that line of human beings. This was not to be, and the Lord put a mark upon him, which is the flat nose and black skin." (Journal of Discourses, vol. 7, p. 290).

Nothing is special about having European features instead of (sub Saharan) African features. Mormonism is the only religion on Earth that has defined the form of the Almighty as a white European male and made skin colour racism a theological component of the religion. Such a definition had been inferred by others but never explicitly stated as such.

As for the "mark of Cain" itself there are different interpretations of what it actually was.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curse_and_mark_of_Cain#Latter-day_Saints

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2017 11:22PM by anybody.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: March 17, 2017 08:49AM

FallenCountryManoevers Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Being cursed with skin colour "black like a
> flint"- this happened to Cain- is a different
> issue from having brown or copper skin color.

Nothing happened to "Cain." There was no "Cain."
It's a made-up story.
And one that mormons and millions of other bible-believers used to justify treating fellow human beings like property and dirt.

Posted by: Atari ( )
Date: March 17, 2017 08:54AM

Exactly. Cain was the Voldemort of the day.

Posted by: SonOfLaban ( )
Date: March 16, 2017 11:32PM

One day, while in Santa Monica, I stepped into an elevator with a black man. He was so calm. He seemed to have his entire universe just so. I asked him, how can I be like you one day? What makes you so calm? He laughed. The door opened, and he got out. I never got the answer. Was it weed? Pills? A PhD? Great sex? Or was he an actor?

Still don't know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmactMIhrRM

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: March 17, 2017 01:24AM

Posted by: Questionsforexmos ( )
Date: March 17, 2017 12:23AM

Even as a TBM (True Believing Mormon) I NEVER "fell" for Cain being the first "Negro". Too many problems with that. And if Ham married a "Negro" women, their children would be mulattoes, not "Negros". How did the children of Ham "turn" full "Negro" again?

These were questions I asked other Mormons, who just shook their heads and walked away.

Most Black Africans are not "black" skinned. Most have various shades of brown skin. The San people have very light brown skin, almost white if you keep them out of the Sun. They are native Africans who live in South and South west Africa.

There are people in India, with straight hair, thin noses, thin lips, who are black as a flint. Are they also the "children of cain"? Makes no sense.

Mormonism does not "compute" which is the main reason why I left it. I CANNOT BELIEVE I swallowed it for 10 years!

Posted by: R2 ( )
Date: March 17, 2017 05:34AM

So white and delight some are the chosen ones (even though Amsterdam culture flies in the face of Mormonism), black is a curse, and middle eastern is Lamanite. What about Latino, Western European, Asian, or Pacific Islanders? Were they supposedly the moderately valiant ones in the pre-existence?

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: March 17, 2017 02:25AM

Aboriginals have been in Australia for 50,000 years. Way before Cain. I guess nobody told them the Earth is 6,000 years old.

Posted by: Atari ( )
Date: March 17, 2017 08:55AM

Perfect!

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: March 17, 2017 03:34PM

I can't seem to remember if the Aboriginals of Australia were considered to have "negroid" blood and banned from the priesthood. I know that the Pacific Islanders weren't, nor were very dark Indians/Middle Easterners.

Posted by: Shinehahbeam ( )
Date: March 17, 2017 03:21PM

Having had multiple friends die from melanoma, the "curse of Cain" seems like a blessing. Whites are about 3,000% more likely to get melanoma than blacks. I don't think those that adapted to Northern European climates over millennia were meant to move to the desert and tropical climates.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.