Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Questionsforexmos ( )
Date: March 16, 2017 06:14PM

The Church shrinking in Europe has ______absolutely nothing to do with________ denying women the priesthood or condemning homosexuality as sinful. The UU Church is not growing in Europe. No "church" is growing in Europe, except for Islam (because of the high birth rate and immigration...not because of conversions).

The Church is growing very fast in black Africa, as all churches are. Black Africans will join any church. Eckankar is growing very fast in Africa, and they have a huge ECK Temple there; larger than the LDS temple.

Let's face it: Europeans simply don't BUY the following:

*Angel gives gold plates to a farm boy.
*Adam and Eve first humans.
*No death before Adam bites into a fig, given his naked wife by a talking snake.
*One needs to give 10% of one's income and sit through 3 hours of boring meetings, and go through ridiculous temple rite dressed in ridiculous clothing.

Europeans just don't "buy" that. They did 150 years ago, when they believed Adam was the first human, and if your cow got sick it must because some witch cast a spell on it.

Black Africans still believe Adam and Eve existed (most believe they were black...by the way). They still often "burn" witches; especially if they owe that witch money. They still believe that if their goat gets sick, it is because some witch cast an evil spell on it. MOST black Africans still believe this way. So, an angel giving a farm boy gold plates is NOT out of the realm of possibility at all.

Europeans had 2,000 years of Christianity, and they are DONE with it. They just want to live their lives, have a nice job, a few beers, a good family life, and a nice retirement. About 5% you can call committed Christians. About 10% believe in reincarnation, and that one doe not need organized religion. The rest could not care less. The Afterlife for them is retirement, and, as long as they get a good pension, that's all that concerns them.

The Church will continue to GROW anywhere where people are uneducated, superstitious, and lack easy access to the Internet i.e. the poor of Latin America, the poor of the Philippines, and black Africa.

The only reason why the Church ever had a foothold in Japan, is because it was "AMERICAN". Well, now, the "AMERICAN" fad in Japan has faded away. So, the Church there is not growing at all. Probably shrinking. The missionaries there are "tricking" people into baptisms. They get baptized in order to get free English lessons, and they never show up at Church again.

In fifty year, the Mormon Church will be primarily a black African Church! With maybe 30 million black Africans, and several million white Americans still active. Ironic, isn't it?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: March 16, 2017 06:45PM

Velly intelesting...but you are correct in the trending numbers.

And quite possibly the fruition of the FIRST BLACK PROPHET OF THE LORD'S CHURCH!!!

Now don't that just beat all!!!

Or so it seems to me...

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: March 16, 2017 08:44PM

BeenThereDunnThatExMo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And quite possibly the fruition of the FIRST BLACK
> PROPHET OF THE LORD'S CHURCH!!!

As long as they are headquartered in Utah, not likely.

Posted by: Questionsforexmos ( )
Date: March 17, 2017 12:14AM

I don't see any black Presidents of the Church. Even if the Church had 50 million black African Members, and only 10 million white members, the Apostleship will be white, Utahn, and part of the OPF (Old Pioneer Family) system. Uchtdorf was an exception to the rule. He'll never be President until he lives to 110.

It is "possible" that there may be a black African Apostle, but, believe me, he won't be chosen until he's 80 years old. The Apostleship is a Good Ole' Boy system of Old Pioneer Stock. Check out the genealogies of all Apostles (except for Uchtdorf...I think he's got DIRT on Monson!!!!), and you'll find they are all related to one another, and all related to early Utah apostles.

Uchtdorf is the odd man out. I think he knows were bodies are buried. The Aposteship was their "way" to keep his mouth shut.

BeenThereDunnThatExMo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Velly intelesting...but you are correct in the
> trending numbers.
>
> And quite possibly the fruition of the FIRST BLACK
> PROPHET OF THE LORD'S CHURCH!!!
>
> Now don't that just beat all!!!
>
> Or so it seems to me...

Posted by: canary21 ( )
Date: March 16, 2017 08:54PM

You know, with the way things are with the church now (Mormon Leaks, church history, LGBT just to name a few), I might as well just have my fun (politely, of course). I posted in another thread: http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,871221 about cheating the TSCC system in tithing just to get a temple recommend. I won't do it now since I love everyone at the family ward I am attending as an investigator, but I will when I move out of states and start visiting the family ward for a few short months there.

Posted by: An0n ( )
Date: March 16, 2017 09:08PM

Love the irony!!! Thanks for the laugh :)

Posted by: Gentle Gentile ( )
Date: March 16, 2017 09:16PM

Someone tell this nordiKKK Mormon:

https://nordicsunrise.wordpress.com/

Posted by: SonOfLaban ( )
Date: March 16, 2017 09:24PM

The Mountain Meadows Massacre rings true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4PH6c8LTJ8

White narrators are able to recite mass deaths without becoming emotionally affected.

Animals excepted.

Posted by: Josephina ( )
Date: March 16, 2017 09:38PM

My prayer is that black Africans will get access to the internet, and therefore never "Mormon up" to a population of 30 million. Those poor people do not need to hand their 10% to wealthy Utahns; their children deserve to have it for more and better food, clothing, education.

Posted by: Ex-Cultmember ( )
Date: March 16, 2017 11:07PM

That's the ironic thing. Besides denying blacks full participation in their church, the LDS Church INTENTIONALLY avoided proselytizing and opening missions in Africa (except for White South Africa) for 150 years and focusing only on white Europe before finally opening missions in black Africa and now they are their only converts!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.