Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: desertman ( )
Date: March 16, 2017 03:38PM

In viewing the proposed US budget I have an observation--

1. I am in favor because:

2. I know two things to be true in economics
1. You cannot, for an extended period of time, live a $3,000 a month life style on a $1,000 a month income. And
2. You CANNOT borrow your way out of debt.

In my opinion these two things need to be corrected if our society is to continue uninterrupted.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: March 16, 2017 04:57PM

You're telling me I have to change things up or I'll go broke myself.

Posted by: Transitioningoutnotloggedin ( )
Date: March 16, 2017 05:01PM

You're kidding right desertman? You do realize that no overall cuts were made. Military bumped up and everything else bumped down. NO IMPACT TO DEFICIT with this joke budget.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: March 16, 2017 05:27PM

You beat me to pointing that out :)

I'd also point out that governments can, indeed, live a $3000 lifestyle on a $1000 budget. In fact, that can continue indefinitely. As long as there are people willing to buy your debt-financing bonds, anyway. Not that I think it's a good idea...I don't. But it is more than possible, we've been doing it for a long time.

And let's not forget that this budget includes $3 billion for the construction of a wall that was supposed to be paid for by another country...

Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: March 16, 2017 05:26PM

Strictly speaking cutting a budget doesn't cut spending. Cutting spending cuts spending.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: March 16, 2017 05:51PM

Federal government spending is not at all like household spending. They take into consideration the cost benefit analysis. For example, spending on preventative measures saves the government money. So some things, like for example Meals On Wheels might seen like a frivolous expense, but if it keeps the elderly in their homes instead of in assisted care facilities, that saves the government money.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.