Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: March 16, 2017 03:06PM

It is fairly obvious to all here that The Mormon Church is using the subordination approach. Place your trust in the arms of the leader's flesh and not your own when calling on God. The great architect of this approach was I believe Gordon B. Hinckley. He obviously was part of a tradition of this approach but he was the one who "sealed" the marriage of the subordination approach and Mormonism. He had much history as a precedent including my great great great grandfather Brigham Young's iron fisted leadership not to mention Joseph Smith's charismatic cult boasting about how he was in control of people.

But what happened to the conscience-based or individualist approach?

http://religionnews.com/2016/03/23/8-quotes-mormon-leaders-independent-thinking/

Is it still there in some leaders? I doubt it. The calling and election of the subordination approach has been made sure.

It makes me wonder if by some strange twist of fate the subordination approach had failed and the conscience-based or individualist approach had won out? Would that look like the formerly named RLDS? Would a site like RfM exist if it weren't for the minionization of Mormons at the end of the 20th Century?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2017 08:28PM by Elder Berry.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: March 16, 2017 08:33PM

What if the conscience-based approach in Mormonism survived?

What would Mormonism look like? Would there even have been a Prop8, Proclamation to The World, or proliferation of polygamy?

It seems over the course of a few generations of Mormons authoritarian worshiping Mormons replaced the ones who followed their consciences. In the light of an enlightening world Mormonism regressed to the dark days of Joseph Smith selling votes.

What would a Mormonism be like in light of the information revealed not from God and Jesus, but a computer if it hadn't been bound by the lords of leader worship?

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.