Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Bamboozled ( )
Date: March 16, 2017 02:01PM

Seems like its been a long time since anyone has posted on Monson's alleged health issues. A few years ago "people in the know" were posting about his failing health and mind. Since then, perhaps because he has performed well at recent Conferences, there hasn't been much scuttlebutt.

So, anything out there?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: March 16, 2017 02:56PM

nothing I know, he must be in retirement?

Posted by: numbersRus ( )
Date: March 16, 2017 03:26PM

1990?

Sad thing about dementia is that it never gets better, only worse.

Posted by: Gentle Gentile ( )
Date: March 16, 2017 03:27PM

I always imagine it's like that Star Trek episode where a Nazi leader's drugged so he can get through speeches and he's "resting" any other time.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: March 16, 2017 05:25PM

Millions of Mormons worldwide anxiously await to see the profit wiggle his ears one more time.

Stay tuned.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: March 16, 2017 05:32PM

The only sympathy I have is for his family as they endure this with him. Been there, done that twice. It's an emotional meat grinder for the family of the affected.

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: March 16, 2017 06:12PM

I predict he'll speak at the April conference, twice maybe, max four minutes. Speeches you don't even need to put in your false teeth to chew. Unseen, the boys in the back will crank up the volume so his whisper can leak out among the faithful. They are so blessed, aren't they?

He is, after all, only 89. He can take his time winding down. We might even see him again in October, although at some point the charade will prove more trouble than it's worth. That, or death will save him.

I'd like to comment more but one of the cats just left a "revelation" in the litter box which I really should clean, or at least crack open a window.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.