Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: - ( )
Date: March 15, 2017 10:37PM

It claims that just believing in and emoting about a story you were told is better than thinking. It claims authority. It claims normal human emotions belong to its mythology instead of your biology. It claims it is right even if you don't agree, and it has millions of obedient adherents throughout history.

Exactly why is it worse than any other idea that makes the exact same claims?

Get out or go back in. Stop this halfway magic-is-good, but Brand A Magic is better than Brand B Magic idiocy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: March 16, 2017 02:13AM

The situation is hostile with either decision we make so you gotta play it smart this is a cult with abnormal thinking people that are everywhere in your town.

Posted by: SonOfLaban ( )
Date: March 16, 2017 02:29AM

Wine was finer when I was a Mormon. Today it seems only a fraction as wondrous as the billboards show. Last time I was in Las Vegas, I didn't even think about nudes. As a Mormon, my mind was afire whenever near that city. Now I trust no one, ever. I have asked for DNA testing on my children. As a Mormon, I actually believed the news, the freedoms and the possibility to sin with authority. Today, I see women as equally disturbed and exploited, and that old Disco ball seems like a bunch of pasted mirror squares just waiting for some light. Any light.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oica5jG7FpU

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: March 16, 2017 02:31AM

It's also psychologically harmful. You become dependent on them for your basic life choices, have stunted emotional growth, and repress your own empathy to make it work.

Spending time on Mormonism has one drawback: you'll never get that time back. If you think this life means nothing, you'll be okay with that. But you'd be wrong.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.