Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: LordBritish ( )
Date: October 23, 2010 03:26PM

Any thoughts on the accuracy of the above quote? That's how I feel whenever I get thoughts of anything to do with LDS culture and society. All the crap spouted over the pulpit and we don't even get the 'Thus sayeth the Lord' courtesy so that they have the 'escape hatch' in all cases.

"Oh, I will judge you as if God commanded the Prophet to say it...but when you push back, I will say, 'Well, he was just speaking as a man then..'".

So therefore...there is NOTHING you can trust...but yet you can, and are expected, to feel guilt and shame over being you, you are never good enough. I am done with it. It's a mental maze of depression and shame.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: October 23, 2010 03:32PM

I never heard that quote but I am a nevermo. It sounds horrible. We all fall short of the glory of God but my church does not waste it's time condemning, laying on guilt trips or making us feel ashamed. Just isn't what Jesus was all about. Sorry if you have been made to feel guilty over so much. You are good enough and your depression will lesson once you rid yourself of any cult talk. All we can do is try to be good people who care for others.... and "this speaking like a man" garbage is just crap. It is their only excuse for all the false doctrine and flub ups. Free yourself and you will recover.

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: October 23, 2010 03:36PM

Shame based cults make people feel that way.

When we try to sort out all the crazy twists and turns of mormon doctorin' it becomes pretty obvious that the only true Doctrine of the LDS church it to follow the prophet, and to ensnare yourself by making covenants to serve the church.

Jesus Christ is only a marketing icon for LDS Inc., and God is subservient to mormon priesthood.

Once we understand this, the real Gospel becomes what 'gospel' means--Good News.

Date: October 23, 2010 04:13PM

Good point.....God is subservient to Mormon priesthood in the LDS cult. So true.

Posted by: LordBritish ( )
Date: October 23, 2010 05:24PM

The first part is actually Romans 1:16:
"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek."

The rest is my spin on what the reality is in terms of LDS inc.

Date: October 23, 2010 07:56PM

Oh, got ya. Yes, that is THEIR reality.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.