Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: March 03, 2017 11:12AM

Going to the temple - to '"baptize" DEAD people', as a child, at 12 years young - and ruining a "vacation" (it was a days drive) - this was an actual "TEST" we had to answer. Reading it again, as an adult, anyone can read, CULT!

It is called "Take this little test"

---------------------------
[WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THE SEALING ORDINANCE? LET'S FIND OUT]

1.) What does the word sealing mean to you? (Being with the family for all eternity.)

2.) Before the sealing ceremony you will dress and what color? (White)

3.) What does that color signify? (Beauty, angels)

4.) What will your parents wear? (white dress, suit)

5.) Why do we wear special clothing in the temple? (BLANK)

6.) The sealing ceremony will be performed by one called a (temple worker)

7.) Who holds the keys to set apart a Sealer? (prophet)

8.) You and your parents will kneel at the (alter)

9.) Where will you place your hand? (on the table?)

10.) Which and will you use? (right)

11.) Up in heaven, after this life, will you still be a family forever? (yes)

12.) Should you talk about these sacred ceremonies outside the temple? (no)

13.) Name some other reasons to come to the temple. (to do baptisms for the dead, to do genealogy work, to do endowments)

14.) Any questions you want to talk about today? (NO)

[Plus two extra blank lines]

(Name, date - this was in the eighties)

Thoughts:

Different answers:

------------------------------
Did anyone else ever remember anything like this or have to take this same "test", or anything similar?

[INDOCTRINATION? PREPARATION?
LIES - OMISSIONS - BRAINWASHING & annointings? admissions? PROMOTIONS]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: March 03, 2017 12:41PM

Never heard or seen this before.

Eons ago, you know in the golden years of yore when I was a youth, we as teens did not do baptisms for the dead. Yes, I am old enough to be the great-grandmother which I am. Hey, but I am young at heart.

Curious if this test or one similar is given to teens before they can do baptisms for the dead?

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: March 03, 2017 01:13PM

OK, I couldn't resist. I took the test.
My answers are in-line:

> 1.) What does the word sealing mean to you?

Licking and closing an envelope. Putting that hard-to-handle clear tape all over a box before taking it to the post office to mail.

> 2.) Before the sealing ceremony you will dress and
> what color?

I like blue, so I'll wear blue. And since I'll be going to the post office with my sealed box, and their colors include blue, I'll fit right in.

> 3.) What does that color signify?

Cool. Sometimes sad. I like cool.

> 4.) What will your parents wear?

Wait, my parents have to come with me to the post office?
Really?
That's gonna be difficult, one of them died 8 years ago...

> 5.) Why do we wear special clothing in the temple?

Well, gee, I don't call the post office a temple, but whatever floats yer boat. You must really like the place to wear special clothes to it. That's a bit odd.

> 6.) The sealing ceremony will be performed by one
> called a...

Postal worker?

> 7.) Who holds the keys to set apart a Sealer?

The keys? I imagine it's the first postal worker in the door in the morning...

> 8.) You and your parents will kneel at the...

I've been to the post office hundreds of times, and never had to kneel. You must go to a very strange one.

> 9.) Where will you place your hand?

It was just in my pocket, I swear. I wasn't playing with anything in there. Mostly.

> 10.) Which hand will you use?

Wow, you just can't get over what I'm doing with my hands, can you? Which hand I put in my pockets is none of your business.

> 11.) Up in heaven, after this life, will you still
> be a family forever?

What does that have to do with the post office? You ask weird questions.

> 12.) Should you talk about these sacred ceremonies
> outside the temple?

Well, usually nobody (but you) asks what I do in the post office, so I probably won't. But if somebody else needs my help sealing a package, I'll talk about it. Why shouldn't I?

> 13.) Name some other reasons to come to the
> temple.

If you need stamps. They always have stamps there. Sometimes funny ones.

> 14.) Any questions you want to talk about today?

Yeah -- why are your questions so odd?

Date: March 03, 2017 10:17PM

Yea but you took it as an adult, AND a formon!! I wanna take it again. Okay, maybe later this evening.

Posted by: evergreen ( )
Date: March 10, 2017 07:11PM

Oh you gave me a belly laugh

An answer to the question, "5.) Why do we wear special clothing in the temple?"

The postal workers must wear special clothes so people know who can help them mail their packages.

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: March 13, 2017 11:17PM

I thought the special clothing at the post office was a bullet proof vest

Date: March 04, 2017 01:28AM

1.) What does the word sealing mean to you? (Adding ing to a slick animal of the sea or applying a waterproof coating)

2.) Before the sealing ceremony you will dress in what color? (green skins)

3.) What does that color signify? (Death)

4.) What will your parents wear? (Bells, and whistles)

5.) Why do we wear special clothing in the temple? (To please the profits. Thank you)

6.) The sealing ceremony will be performed by one called a (dupe)

7.) Who holds the keys to set apart a Sealer? (The zookeeper)

8.) You and your parents will kneel at the (alternate)

9.) Where will you place your hand? (over my mouth, eyes and ears)

10.) Which hand will you use? (My wrong one)

11.) Up in heaven, after this life, will you still be a family forever? (You've got to be kidding! UP in heaven? After this life? STILL? Forever? What are you trying to imply?)

12.) Should you talk about these sacred ceremonies outside the temple? (YES! WHY NOT? You mean secret?)

13.) Name some other reasons to come to the temple. (Out of force. Commandment. Peer pressure. To please other Mormons. To fit in. To laugh. To cry. To $ee what it's all about. Because I've payed-prayed-obeyed for it. To get you off my back. To get pictures. To freak out! )

14.) Any questions you want to talk about today? (Questions and "TALKING" aren't the same things and besides, you wouldn't [be able to] answer them anyway)

[Plus two extra blank lines]

(Name - gazelem - date - fornever)

Thoughts: WHATEVER

Different answers: HOW DIFFERENT?

Posted by: readwrite ( )
Date: March 04, 2017 02:58AM

I could NEVER pass the moron temple test. I don't have temples and don't like false tests or indoctrination.

Do they still quiz kids today on this hogwash? Surely things have changed and the questions today are a little more polished, more glossy. Sheesh! Really?

Date: March 04, 2017 04:07PM

Momon tests _ EASY. Just remember the BS lies. Most of it is so untrue anyway. "Why do we wear special clothing in the temple?" Because you are a crazy cult and you want the clothing to APPEAR SPECIAL. "Different Answers": Um, picking my (young) brain? devil

Date: March 06, 2017 07:11PM

Who else has seen or taken this test? 80's people - local or LDSwide?

Posted by: TempleS ( )
Date: March 07, 2017 05:38PM

UCK!

Date: March 08, 2017 04:40PM

I never went to the temple as an adult. They were creepy enough as a youth, with all these weird questions, secret innuendos and sacred injunctions.

As a child I felt the brainwashings and didn't care to stay in that CULTure and proceeded to the "washings and ointments" in the (mason-like) temple [fraud].

Talk about a CREEPY "test" (brainwashing session). I wonder how these childhood temple perpetuation experiments have changed, and adapted, to the times.

Posted by: Tipper topper ( )
Date: March 09, 2017 09:48AM

Date: March 09, 2017 04:15PM

I never understood why the mormites were so 'sacretive' about these temples. They wanted to make us kids interested in their sacreligious "beauty" and awful awe but never told us truly what went on there.

These "tests", the indoctrination, the attempted memorization by mesmorization, never caught on with me. I'm glad I never made it that far - saved a lot of money, pride and brain power. Too secret for me to be attracted to as a child, or as an adult.

I think we block a lot of that nonsense out. I can't fathom the "tests" they give children nowadays and couldn't imagine they could get away with it today but maybe I should ask a young Mormon.

Posted by: FallenCountryManoevers ( )
Date: March 09, 2017 05:04PM

There is such a thing as a marriage Sealing Ceremony- in the Templars' lingo, there must be a Magister Templi, Eigth Degree priest or higher, for such ritual to really be effective, legitimate. It's hard to find such a priest, or initiate, in America; more likely in Europe, I believe. I don't believe there are any such associated with the Mormon Church- possibly not with any Church. As I mentioned, those were fallen angels, who appeared and announced they were restoring the "Keys Of The Priesthood" to those mormon pioneers. Legal marriage ritual is important, nevertheless- people should best not practice Common Law marriage, "Shack Up with my Lady" marriage, "Just Living Together"- the results are almost never good...

Date: March 10, 2017 05:48PM

I never did the temple thing. Did anyone else get these questioners as a poor child? What were your impressions of it, growing up... or, as an adult. Before? After?

Date: June 30, 2017 02:52AM

Memories?

Posted by: Sick rituals ( )
Date: March 11, 2017 11:23AM

Saturdays are a waste of a day at Mormon temples. ANY DAY is WASTED TIME at an LDS temple.

Poor children.

Posted by: LD$topper ( )
Date: March 13, 2017 11:11PM

What about ceilings? CANCELLED! Horray

Date: March 16, 2017 03:41PM

I don't remember this "TEST" but it was just one of the few things left over from mormon childhood.

Two questions: (1) does anyone else remember THIScrap or similar?; (2) what about today? What goes on with the youth (and temple prep) today? What do they teach today's children?

Date: March 17, 2017 07:28PM

My mother remarried when I was 12 and we children were supposedly sealed to them. I don't remember it [blocked out?].

LDSinc says it 'seals' [I like seals] a certain family unit together for "eternity".

We all know that isn't possible - eternity means no beginning and no end - since this life is in the middle, or in the midst of 'eternity'.

A 'seal' implies putting a cap on something, which is contrary to life, and anything eternal, or open or good.

Might anyone else recall any similar "test" as a youth? What do you think of the questions?

Can anyone enlighten me - who was an adult, a parent - what goes on in this (micky mouse) ceremony?

What did you think of it?

Date: March 18, 2017 12:26PM

Posted by: cinda ( )
Date: March 18, 2017 12:35PM

It appears that you're not going to get your question answered :(

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: March 18, 2017 07:15PM

are almost the same questions as for adult temple recommends.

The test above is likely a ward or regional exercise in brainwashing.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: June 30, 2017 10:01AM

What happened if you failed the test ?

Date: June 30, 2017 02:05PM

Dave the Atheist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What happened if you failed the test ?

Risky.lol (no clean brain for them)

Posted by: shapeshifter ( )
Date: June 30, 2017 02:57PM

Question-

Something I never understood is why don't Mormons born into TSCC and who get baptized at 8 years old then get 'sealed' in the temple to their family?

I remember new convert families going to the temple so they could all be sealed together.

But my family never did that. We assumed we were already 'sealed' because we were already Mormon.. but that doesn't actually make any sense and in the early days didn't everyone do sealings with each other?

I do vaguely remember a taking a test before the baptisms, that's as far I got in the temple rituals (hallelujah!)

Posted by: relievedtolearn ( )
Date: June 30, 2017 11:37PM

Kids born to already Mormon parents are "born in the covenant"--already sealed as a family.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: June 30, 2017 02:59PM

in my teens. Something you said above reminded me of what my neighbors just did. I don't know if I already told this.

My neighbors took their son back to where he went on his mission (he came home a year ago). It was a foreign mission and I guess they wanted to see what it was like as they went and picked up one of their other children from their mission.

They took their younger child with them, who will be serving a mission fairly soon. Just graduated from high school. They got permission while they were on this vacation to allow their other child to do their endowment while they were there, so they have a picture of the ones there in front of the temple after the child had been through.

And I'm looking at that picture thinking, "What does this child think of what just happened?" Here they were told all their life how special it is and they just sat through the endowment with their parents and sibling there and they had to be thinking WTF? And you, my family, keep going to the temple and doing this all the time.

I can't believe these people who go together as families to the temple.

My mother said she'd go with me, but I needed to get someone to help me because she was always so nervous about doing things wrong. She had been back quite a few times. Not an excessive amount of times. But my parents never acted like this was something so very special. In fact my dad never went back until my sister got married in the temple.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.