Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Loyalexmo ( )
Date: February 27, 2017 01:03AM

Background- pregnant now but had fertility issues.

Found out from a fellow exmorm (who still occasionally goes to church out of family obligation/habit) who went to my ward that one of my TBM former friends suggested to others at the ward (saying it a bit more subtly than this, of course) that I had fertility issues because I left the church. Not going to repeat what she said because it was too specifically identifying, but she insinuated that my being exmo/atheist was responsible.

CLASSY.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: lurking in ( )
Date: February 27, 2017 01:13AM

But the general practice of Mormons talking out of their @$$E$ is a time-honored tradition in the religion.

Posted by: Loyalexmo not logged in ( )
Date: February 27, 2017 01:41AM

This one's extra- special Molly Mormon crazy-eyed, so to be fair I don't know that it's a common Mormon feeling, though I've heard of plenty of other misfortunes being blamed on inactivity in the church so it's not hugely unlikely as an argument.

Posted by: Visitors Welcome ( )
Date: February 27, 2017 01:17AM

When my parents' cleaning lady had two miscarriages in three years, she concluded it was due to her not being muslim enough, so she started wearing a headscarf, saying her prayers, and going to mosque.

We'll have to wait and see which of the two women is right.

Posted by: Loyalexmo not logged in ( )
Date: February 27, 2017 01:38AM

I don't think we'll be able to control for the variables, unfortunately, because despite my evil atheism I got pregnant anyway. Maybe Joseph Smith taking pity on me as a former member? Thanks JS!

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: February 27, 2017 01:20AM

I live in Utah. I know many TBMs who are infertile. Some adopt, others live without children. Many express sorrow that they cannot have children. Cheers to these people who have had cognitive dissonance with church teaching about procreating and realize that they'll never have biological offspring.

It's disgusting that someone who calls themselves a friend would make this type of comment. My sincere hope for you is an uneventful pregnancy and joy when you child is born. Very best wishes!

Posted by: bluebutterfly ( )
Date: February 27, 2017 01:44AM

I have 2 devout TBM cousins who live in Utah (they are sisters) that are both having major struggles with infertility. Maybe they aren't paying enough tithing.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.