Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: February 26, 2017 10:48PM

serious question here, friends:

the LDS is so crystal-clear about Right/Wrong, Good-Bad, etc., but when it comes to practice/application, it's another story!

TBM Divorcing a Doubter as best example?
I'm sure there are Many, Many others, perhaps including the way MoRoyalty is treated.

what's Your best example?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: February 27, 2017 07:35PM

When parenting, it was a default mode sometimes.

When lecturing my kids about something, if a disagreement came up, I deflected to "do as I say, not as I do."

It was a Mormon mom technique I picked up growing up in the Morridor. It seemed funny as a child. Now I see it in a more serious light. Did my kids take me seriously?

More to the point, did I really mean it?

Consistency is important, is how I figured it. Even if it sounds inconsistent, it was my way of letting my kids know I was still in charge, was their mother, and took a stand where their welfare was concerned. Even if it didn't always make sense to them.

Like setting curfews and limits.

Posted by: anonA ( )
Date: February 27, 2017 08:49PM

Had the memorial service for my dad this last weekend - he died some 8 weeks ago. Converted now uber TBM sister gave a tearful eulogy including one time on a back pack trip many many years ago she was struggling with her pack and started crying as she could not carry it anymore. Dad offered and carried it rest of the way that day. Family was everything for him.

Forward 15 years after she had converted to LD$ - Dad - you are not good enough to attend my wedding in the temple.

Where is the family in this Sis?

Posted by: readwrite ( )
Date: February 27, 2017 08:57PM

The morMon scriptures, like the pears of great prices, the doctors covenants, the lds bible & the book or morons. The author J. S., Jr. did one thing but figured others should (have to) do another [ie: live "clean", virtuous lives].

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: February 27, 2017 09:20PM

Nauvoo period when JS and crew were knee deep in polygamy but
loudly proclaiming that no such thing was being practiced, and
even publicly trashing the reputations of those who told the
truth.

The gap between "Do as I say/do as I do" was rather wide.

Posted by: readwrite ( )
Date: February 28, 2017 12:23AM

Mormons preaching do more LDStuff and then watch tv, golf, take naps, go shopping.

Saying tea/ COFFEE is bad and then down Coke, hot chocolate, quarter ponders and all that junk!

"Leaders" preaching PAY TITHING and thanking heavenly farter (tscc) for the blessings/ payouts/ perks/ kickbacks.

Mormonites defending their scriptures/ 'leaders'/ cultURE and talking about the BAD in "the world".

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: February 28, 2017 09:20AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2017 09:22AM by poopstone.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.