Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: kativicky ( )
Date: February 26, 2017 08:14PM

I had to call paramedics because dad passed out on me. Then he passed out on the paramedics once they got there. We are at the hospital now. I am really frustrated right now because everyone thinks I need to be Wonder Woman excepts me to do things that I am not capable of doing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: February 26, 2017 08:20PM

Sounds like you need a time-out.

Retreat if you must.

Got to take care of you, if you're going to be there for them.

Date: February 26, 2017 08:25PM

I agree, I do need a timeout but then I'll end up getting heat for being a selfish bitch.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: February 26, 2017 08:29PM

Is there anyone else who can take over so that you can get some rest? There are times when you need to say, it's time for someone else to pick up the ball.

Date: February 26, 2017 11:14PM

Yes there is some people who could help if they would just get their heads out of their asses but until then, I have to do it.

Date: February 26, 2017 11:34PM

So right now the dr says that he definitely has a broken rib and is saying that he has a collapse lung with some bleeding and fluid around the lung.

Posted by: scmd ( )
Date: February 26, 2017 11:56PM

Take care of yourself, too!

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: February 27, 2017 01:26AM

From what you've done already, I'd call you Wonder Woman.

We had to call the ambulance to our home for DH's mom. She was so damn mean that THEY called the police. DH and I were like two little children cowering in the corner from her. I told DH that I couldn't do anymore.

The next day he and his bro took her back to her own home.

Posted by: scmd ( )
Date: February 27, 2017 01:36AM

kathleen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> From what you've done already, I'd call you Wonder
> Woman.
>
> We had to call the ambulance to our home for DH's
> mom. She was so damn mean that THEY called the
> police. DH and I were like two little children
> cowering in the corner from her. I told DH that I
> couldn't do anymore.
>
> The next day he and his bro took her back to her
> own home.

Kathleen, that is seriously intense. I wish your family luck.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: February 27, 2017 01:27AM

Kativicky, I'm very sorry about your parents. As much as possible schedule rest and quiet time for yourself. You are a fine daughter and don't need judgment from anyone.

Date: February 27, 2017 01:47AM

So, I am finally home from the hospital. The doctor is so concerned about dad's lung issue that he is being transferred to Vidant Medical Center in Greenville NC which is an hour and a half from where we live because it is the closet hospital with a trauma center. What is being suspected is that Dad's collapsed lung is from his fall during the week while he was with mom and not from today's fall. Because of this, there might be a possibility that the blood that is around his lung as clotted which means that they have to do surgery. We won't know anything until tomorrow.

We were hoping that dad could either be transferred to New Bern which is 30 minutes away, or stay here in town but they do not have the resources to deal with what is going on with dad.

Right now, I am going to take a few minutes to calm down and then I am going to go to bed and get some rest.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: February 27, 2017 11:51AM

Do get some rest and don't feel guilty about it. You've done more than your fair share and your parents are being taken care of. It won't help if you go down too.

Date: February 27, 2017 04:59PM

I talked to mom several times today, and she says that dad is doing well. Apparently my SIL called down to the hospital to check on him this morning.

Mom is doing great considering all the crazy crap that is going on.

I am doing okay. I am still a little tired and I am hoping that I will have a better night sleep tonight. I have a family friend coming over to drive me to the store in a little bit so I can get some food for me and the cats since I am cat sitting for mom.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.