Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: sunbitch ( )
Date: February 26, 2017 07:47PM

why is it that most mormon's have blonde hair and blue eyes?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2017 07:48PM by sunbitch.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: February 26, 2017 07:57PM

I don't think they do anymore.

But.... many immigrants to Utah where from England, Scandinavia, Demark and the NE US.

Posted by: commongentile ( )
Date: February 27, 2017 04:35PM

Years ago I had the impression that a lot of Mormon missionaries I encountered had blonde hair and blue eyes, but those types don't seem to be nearly as prevalent in the missionaries I see around today. Also, back in the day I never saw any missionaries other than Caucasians, but there is more racial and ethnic variety among them today.

Posted by: Gentle Gentile ( )
Date: February 26, 2017 07:59PM

Pro: Maybe compared to other groups because the membership has been almost exclusively white for most of its history.

Con: Are they really in the majority, or is that just a stereotype?

Posted by: anon 4 this joke ( )
Date: February 26, 2017 07:59PM

Norway Jesus, Lord of Fjords, Viking of Kings.

Posted by: kvothe ( )
Date: February 27, 2017 08:55AM

TQB

Posted by: MrRobot ( )
Date: February 27, 2017 12:47PM

+1

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: February 26, 2017 08:30PM

It is very noticeable in Utah. I attribute it to all the Scandinavian immigrants.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: February 26, 2017 09:08PM

added delightsomeness.

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: February 26, 2017 09:18PM

The only blonde white people where I live (South America) are Mormon missionaries.

It's handy, because I can see them a block away on the street and thus avoid them.

Posted by: Thomas $. Monson ( )
Date: February 27, 2017 07:35AM

> why is it that most mormon's have blonde hair and blue eyes?

Simple, because those descendants of the North European immigrants rarely mingled with other groups/religions etc.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: February 27, 2017 07:50AM

That's odd. Mormon God and Mormon Jesus also have blue eyes and blond hair. How'd that happen? Figure the odds.

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: February 27, 2017 07:50AM

For several generations, the church cared only to catered to people who are "white and delightsome" as the older versions of the Book of Mormon referred to them. So white people joined the church, had kids, their kids grew up and had kids, etc... It's funny that their most perfect book ever needed revisions th change that after they were called out on their racism.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: February 27, 2017 12:39PM

It's the perfect rosey-cheeked skin the bugs the hell outta.

I've know only one mormon with bad zits.

Posted by: Shinehahbeam ( )
Date: February 27, 2017 01:11PM

Where do you live? I've never been in a ward where most of the members have blonde hair and blue eyes. Both are recessive traits, so the percentage of the population with both is pretty small. The ward here (Utah) has a couple families that all have blonde hair, but I'd say 80%+ of the ward has brown or black hair, and most have dark eyes.

Posted by: sunbitch ( )
Date: February 27, 2017 08:06PM

I live in las vegas nevada.

Posted by: scmd ( )
Date: February 27, 2017 01:23PM

I descend from Scandinavians who converted and crossed the plains with handcarts. My parents are now white-haired and blue-eyed, but were blond when they were young. We kids were towheads with blue eyes in childhood. We stood out a bit in Laie, but not at all when we moved back to Utah County.

The hair of the guys in the family has gradually darkened to very light brown. My sisters are every bit as blonde as they were in childhood thanks to Lady Clairol or whatever products they purchase and put in their hair.

Posted by: Gentle Gentile ( )
Date: February 27, 2017 01:30PM

Kinda OT, but most hockey wives are blonde, and it seems like most hockey moms are, too. Naturally, a lot of their kids turn out blonde, despite the recessive genes.

Someone said it looks like a creepy Nazi breeding program.

Posted by: Josephina ( )
Date: February 27, 2017 04:20PM

Delightsome! But I prefer deeply suntanned skin and brown eyes.

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: February 27, 2017 04:26PM

I do sunbitch you got a problem sunbitch I'm really on the edge today sunbitch you wanna go right now haha jk but I do have those features we were made in a factory I think they erased my memory but I remember some things.

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: February 27, 2017 08:24PM

Mormon's back in the day would say it is because they were the desendants of the House of Izrael. In nazi terms it's called the Aryan race, the master race. The best people with the purest blood are the ones that joined back in the 1800's. They had a clearer sensitivity to spirituality, according to Talmage.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.