Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: AnonInUtah ( )
Date: February 26, 2017 04:50PM

I live in an area in Utah where the entire ward is just a few streets, but the ward has pretty weak attendance for a Utah ward. Every time a house in the neighborhood gets listed, the Mormons start praying for a "good LDS family" to move in...and the non-members and exmos start hoping for the opposite.

Unfortunately, we've suffered a crushing defeat this month. Four non-member/exmo families and one member family have moved out. All five have been replaced by active LDS families. The ward just got a 15% boost in attendance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cinda ( )
Date: February 26, 2017 05:06PM

When we, nevermo, listed our home for sale in 2009 in a relatively small, rural Utah town, I overheard our TBM next-door neighbor saying precisely that, that they were hoping/praying for "a good LDS family" to move in and on one occasion voiced a further qualification, that the potential purchasers also had "young children". This, of course, was because these neighbors had 4 kids at that time, ages 10 years and younger.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: February 26, 2017 09:34PM

On the bright side, five other wards are one family weaker. :)

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: February 26, 2017 10:09PM

When it comes to selling homes in general, the idea that neighbors hope they get a certain kind of new neighbor is not unique. In the process of selling myself, and my neighbor has already mentioned the kind of person I sell it to.

Has nothing to do with religion, and more to do with human nature.

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: February 26, 2017 10:14PM

Mormons claim to have 12 Apostles of God when, in reality, they have zero.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2017 10:16PM by steve benson.

Posted by: Honest TBM ( )
Date: February 27, 2017 07:46AM

Tears of joy can fill our hearta by this good news as it helps prove that the Church is true because this marvelous miracle that happened 5 times. Now some may choose to contend with this witness but in the BoM we learn that is.of the devil so we shall do positive-only thinking about the mysteries of the Spirit (such as the marvelous miracles.of answered prayers you mentioned) so.we can collectively better assimilate ourselves into the wondrous gospel.

Posted by: Trails end ( )
Date: February 27, 2017 11:07PM

Misery will always love company...cant havethe kiddies exposed to heathens doing fun stuff on Sunday...or the adults...nothing rubs it in like some joker putting the fishing rod in the truck and hooking up the boat...when your headed offin your white shirt for the weekly snoring

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.