Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: February 25, 2017 06:43PM

Why do they do this? they aren't even raising the first five they had it's just some protective competition or something. Hell I don't even feel like anybody raised me just was popped out out and let loose I'm still trying to figure things out like we got an orange guy as the president? ok check haha jk, but seriously its like Mormons do this on purpose to make everybody in society mad its not to build their own kingdom at all but to hide themselves somehow I think its sick and messed up for the neglected kids because my sister is doing it and she'll probably have number 8 this next year her family is a crowded mess and I can tell the older kids are not happy. There is nothing good about carting around 5 wild kids under the age of 7 I've seen it recently and it ain't pretty there is nothing godly about it. Sorry I had to vent this out because it's always bothered me and and angered me that my sister did this and I found it to be irresponsible and child abuse, some of her kids don't even talk hardly. So there is a doctrine that says whoever can pop out the most babies in this life is the winner of the afterlife or something? I want to know what got into my sister's crazy head.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: February 25, 2017 07:22PM

Well, Bro, I'm glad your here! But, I'm of the opinion that children need to be planned and providing for. My children bring me great joy, but being the Dad means I'm there and made willing sacrifices for their behalf. I don't ever regret being there or sometimes being the bank for my kids. All are honorable, respectful, and happy.

You, Adam, are a gift for all of us. And, frankly, I believe (not a popular word here) that you will find wholeness and happiness with your life as you work with others. Most folks, myself included, need to know that we have purpose, are loved by somebody, and have something to contribute to the human family.

I do have friends, including some here, who don't feel that life has purpose or meaning. If you feel this way, then you will make your life have purpose and meaning to the specification you define. Do this by being the kindest man you can. Sincerely thank those helping you right now. Laugh and forgive yourself for any mistakes you may have made (everyone of us makes mistakes). Extend yourself to others, ask them about themselves. Don't judge others--cheer them on.

If there are things in your life that you want or need to change, cheer yourself on and make the changes. Don't beat yourself up for not being perfect! Learn to be very comfortable with who you are.

Personally, Adam, I'm a wanker, but I'm comfortable being an old fart who like friends, trucks, dogs, dirty jokes, people, helping, and cussing. I've learned to appreciate my earthiness, hairy back, grey beard, sense of wonder about our world, and passionate concerns I hear from others.

I'm okay with not having answers or not being always right. Hey, I fuck up a lot! It's okay, I'm a man, and no one's perfect.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2017 07:33PM by BYU Boner.

Date: February 25, 2017 07:23PM

Take a look at yourself in the mirror and say, "Look at me, I'm fucking awesome in all my imperfections!" Say, " I'm remarkable, there's no one like me! I'm pretty good stuff! I've fucked up! But that's okay, and I'm probably going to fuck up again in the future, but for right now, I'm perfect in my imperfections. I'm a man who has a future before me, I'm going to figure things out. I'm going to be whole. Because, BADASSADAM is a man of quality, I'm I'm going to fuckin' make my life into something I can't even imagine right now!"

One more time, Bro--Fuck the Morg! They don't have power over you. Make a difference in someone's life. Give yourself permission to make mistakes. And don't give up. You have something that I don't have, Bro-- you have time on your side. Remember, It took me into my 40s to figure shit out.

I'm not yet ready for the dirt nap, but I'm no longer a young dude. Make every day fuckin' wonderful!

I'm sending you good vibes, bro-hugs, and a big "FUCK-YEAH ADAM!" your way. The Boner.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2017 07:36PM by BYU Boner.

Date: February 25, 2017 08:22PM

Haha I actually did that in the mirror before I read that not those exact phrases but pretty damn close I'm starting to like my damn self again calling myself one handsome bastard again haha I think it's your vibes Boner I can feel it I am fucking awesome again like I fucking used to be God damn it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2017 08:23PM by badassadam.

Date: February 25, 2017 08:25PM

I am fucking BADASSADAM God damn it and don't let anybody forget it.

Date: February 25, 2017 08:30PM

In all seriousness, didn't that feel good? Channel those wonderful empowering feelings into recovery, friend. This is what we're all here for--recovery, support, and friendship!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2017 08:30PM by BYU Boner.

Date: February 25, 2017 08:39PM

It felt damn good and there's more life in me than I thought.

Date: February 25, 2017 08:28PM

Damn straight, Adam! Like who you are, you are a man of quality and don't let any bastard get you down! Here's to being real guys who make mistakes, fart in bed, laugh, and care about others!

Date: February 25, 2017 08:40PM

Yes to all that except I don't think I fart in bed haha.

Posted by: Josephina ( )
Date: February 25, 2017 07:25PM

We are supposed to cause pre-mortal spirits to be born into Mormonism instead of to something "inferior". I used to be of that mindset, but my health forced me to stop at three. Thank goodness I stopped at three, because the stress of providing for them decently was horrific in my high cost-of-living area. My husband's good jobs kept getting transferred overseas, but even if the jobs had stayed, it would have been hugely difficult to support them. I could not get a job to help out because of my health, so I sacrificed by going without things that I needed.

Bishops and church welfare? They helped a little now and then. But all too often we received self sufficiency lectures, and my husband would get ordered to some useless meeting teaching tips on how to make more money. I couldn't take the demoralizing on the evils of not being self-reliant, so we ended up leaving Mormon Welfare alone.

I don't understand a church that demands 10% of gross/net plus fast offerings, Tells people to crank out tons of kids, then makes them feel bad when they go to get help from a system that they have contributed to for years. It's no wonder that so many of Generation Z are getting wise and leaving.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2017 07:34PM by brigidbarnes.

Date: February 25, 2017 08:37PM

Exactly even though I paid in and had no kids I feel like I deserve help sometimes but I know the answer I will get if i were to ask for some financial help with bills it ain't happening so its better to just leave but my sister keeps having kids but can't support them living with parents through the years just be responsible for Christs sake if you cant take of one kid don't have another just because the church tells you to they will not help you I promise in a crisis they are not that kind of church and the parents are not going to always be there to shelter you. Hopefully the younger generations are wiser it means there could be an end of the road.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: February 25, 2017 08:38PM

The only effective means of missionary work left is the missionary position. Raise kids in the cult like the script says. Never mind whether you actually want kids or are cut out for the job.

You might not know what you're here for, but there is one thing. Earth has never had someone exactly like you and never will again. Even if you could come back, the times would be different. This is the shit. Awesome.

Date: February 25, 2017 08:42PM

I think you just blew my mind just now

Date: February 25, 2017 08:44PM

Exactly thats what I'm talking about with what I've been seeing.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: February 25, 2017 08:42PM

My Mormon parents kept having new babies while beating and depriving the old babies. Salvation, where is thy succor?

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: February 25, 2017 11:29PM

I don't mind my analogy setting up a few jokes, but I am also serious. Correct or improve upon me, as necessary.

Assuming that a husband and wife ("Primary Mom & Dad") are very "worthy," and bound for the CK. They have a large family which, ideally, would result in numerous grandchildren, and more numerous great-grandchildren (etc. etc.) And, ideally, all/most of this progeny grow up to become temple-worthy-and-sealed children, and have lots of LDS-worthy, CK-bound children of their own.

Unto the Nth generation. (All very theoretical, of course)

Doesn't all this exalt Primary Mom & Dad considerably and give them advanced rank in the CK? First, Heavenly Father for Earth "Elohim" is very pleased, because this LDS clan has provided lots of mortal vessels for his numerous spirit children to leave Kolob and inhabit on Earth. That alone probably gets them to CK Level 3. Second, Primary Mom & Dad have all this family pressing their exaltation further upwards (staggered commission participation). Would Elohim then say to Primary Dad, "Well done, good and faithful servant, You're a double-black-diamond level producer, and I'm assigning you a section of unorganized cosmos (Hooray, you're a district chief!) for you to develop into stars, planets, and kingdoms--go, and create worlds and zillions of spirit children and commence this "plan of salvation" all over again!"

Date: February 26, 2017 01:58AM

You sound like me when I was five describing a video game to my friends that I created in my head for how to become a God or something by doing all these different things but you are right Mormons actually think this way.

Posted by: newnameabigail ( )
Date: February 26, 2017 05:11AM

For some there must be a high pressure to pop out baby after baby like if there's no tomorrow.
And as a newlywed you get the pressure to fulfill your duty from family, friends, other other members and were called to serve in kindergarten to show them "what a blessing little one's are" - serving in kindergarten is the best argument to get your tubes tied. Seems to work, most of them will eventually get pregnant, maybe just to get rid off of this calling.I know so many newlyweds, who were asked on every occasion if they're eventually pregnant, including cringing and unwanted advice and "knowledge", overstepping every personal border.

I know so many newlyweds who got their first baby straight 10 months after they were married. Not unplanned or accidentally.

I have a dear friend, she's 22, she got married in December 15, for some reason she did not conceive immediately, turns out she didn't have a clue about her menstrualcycle and didn't do "her duty" on the right time. She was desperated, become depressed and doubted herself. She eventually conceived in October 16 and was so relieved that she could announce it before their 1st anniversary that she finally after all this time (!) got pregnant.

Another friend, a mother of already 6, with a never present husband because of his excessive work and bishop calling (she is actually a single parent) is desperate that she couldn't have more, that she feels that she should have more, she must have more because it's her duty. She is not "good enough" she could've done better. Her husband doesn't want more, can't provide more, actually wanted 2. They fight about having #7, she will get #7.

Another friend was said by her OB/Gyn she needs to stop having babies or she can die during the next pregnancy, she already did in #3. They already had 3. She felt that there are waiting 2 more to come into this world through her. She tortured her husband with it. Eventually she was pregnant with #4 and had a horrible pregnancy, was in hospital nearly all the time and neglected her 3 other kids. And isn't it worse enough she got pregnant with #5, not even a year later with another near to death pregnancy and now 4 neglected kids. Her husband had a vasectomy after it, because she wouldn't be reasonable. She wanted #6.

Another knows when she will have a daughter then she's done with it. She just gave birth to boy #5. All are only 12 or 14 months apart from the other.

We are bad parents, because we only have one adorable princess and not planning on more. Maybe in a few years if it fits or is possible (our dd is already a little miracle with my endometriosis and myoma). I am egoistic, and I am not fully living up to my destiny. That's what I was told recently. Although I am no longer part of the fold (but still having a lot of contacts) they try to talk me into baby #2 pretty hard.

It is a contest, it is a competition maybe there's a reward for it. I always wonder how any of these people can provide 5 and more kids. We have a good income, but we could never afford more than two kids, we couldn't raise more than two with a good conscience. We simply could not do it with just one income, a full-time stay at home parent and not ending up on welfare. And, yes maybe I am egoistic, but I didn't kick my butt trough university and postgraduate school just to become a stay at home parent to pop out baby after baby. I am more than a baby producer and a walking uterus.

Posted by: caedmon ( )
Date: February 26, 2017 11:15AM

Old joke:

What's the difference between a Mormon wedding and a non-Mormon wedding?

At the non-Mormon wedding the bride is pregnant.

At the Mormon wedding the bride's mother and mother-in-law are pregnant.

Posted by: James Beam ( )
Date: February 26, 2017 05:56PM

The Mormons were the original '14 Words' believers: "We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children."

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: February 26, 2017 06:59PM

My son and his wife won't quit "bringing souls from the pre-existance, to gain a body ......" Yadda, yadda ad-infinitem.

Problem is, they pop out one sick little baby after another, some die awful deaths. But, it's God's will. And they are doing it so these babies will inherit the CK. And they are sooooo righteous.

Was told to mind my own business.

Seeing these little babies die is what took me from the Mormon Highway to the closest off-ramp, and I ended up here in Exmoville.

Posted by: Lori C ( )
Date: February 27, 2017 11:43PM

My mother had 11 miscarriages. I saw so many dead babies, it literally scarred me for life and I NEVER EVER had the desire to do it. My brother and I were adopted and were healthy and happy, but that was not good enough. She ruined my first 10 years with dead babies. It exhausted me and I've never recovered to the point I ever wanted to go through that for myself.

Posted by: Regular, but anon for this ( )
Date: February 27, 2017 03:26PM

It's even worse when a woman has a difficult pregnancy every time, yet they don't decide to get their tubes tied after the second pregnancy. I'm saying second because non-Mormon women might think the first difficult pregnancy was a fluke and realize that every pregnancy was going to be just as difficult.

For Mormons, they're under pressure to have as many children and as early as possible, even if they just married someone they didn't really date for a long period. I'm seeing this with a TBM I know who is having her second child a year after her first was born, shortly before her first wedding anniversary. The first child had to be born a couple of weeks early due to cord issues, and now she's having other problems with this pregnancy. I can't say anything to her or anyone in the family, but if I were in that situation, I'd schedule the tubal as soon as the other child was born. Unfortunately for her, she'll probably have at least one more difficult pregnancy before the thyroid disorder she's had starts triggering miscarriages.

I'm a regular poster, but went anon for this.

Posted by: ericka ( )
Date: February 27, 2017 05:12PM

I have mormon relatives that are popping out babies at a rate so fast I've lost track.

Dil is on #5. The oldest one will soon turn 5. Her Dr. told her to stop, so she fired him.

The last child is underweight. I worry. Mom has an eating disorder and controls food like a crazy person. Dad didn't want more than two, but mom is the one that controls everyone with her tantrums. I fear for the future of the kids. Obedience is the first rule of the house. If you don't obey (mom), you will pay, and you will pay big.

Posted by: Lori C ( )
Date: February 27, 2017 11:46PM

Posted by: lazylizard ( )
Date: March 06, 2017 12:14AM

Ericka said > I have mormon relatives that are popping out babies at a rate so fast I've lost track.

Dil is on #5. The oldest one will soon turn 5. Her Dr. told her to stop, so she fired him.

The last child is underweight. I worry. Mom has an eating disorder and controls food like a crazy person. Dad didn't want more than two, but mom is the one that controls everyone with her tantrums. I fear for the future of the kids. Obedience is the first rule of the house. If you don't obey (mom), you will pay, and you will pay big.

Oh my God, this is exactly how my family is!

Posted by: lazylizard ( )
Date: March 06, 2017 12:13AM

I can agree to this!

From someone whose family is ten children strong, you would think my parents were raising an army instead of a family.

Date: March 06, 2017 06:38PM

Wow that's impressive my cousin's family has eleven.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.