Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: February 22, 2017 06:08AM

My first wife and I legally divorced about 30 years ago and she flew off on her broom. We are still Mormon Church sealed (married) to each other and will be forever.

My wife that I am currently legally married to is also Mormon Sealed (married) to me.

According to Mormon temple rules - I have two women that I am Mormon married to (sealed).

I am a Mormon Polygamist.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: February 22, 2017 07:01AM

The mormon church doesn't like to admit to your situation or theirs.

Posted by: de ja vue ( )
Date: February 22, 2017 07:16AM

Bragging or complaining? :)

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: February 22, 2017 08:31AM

Congrats!
Now just 31 more sealed-to wives, and you'll catch up with Horny Joe!

:)

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: February 22, 2017 08:42AM

Follow the prophet.

Posted by: Claire Ferguson ( )
Date: February 22, 2017 08:37AM

Me too!

I often think of my ex-husband and his new wife, my 'sister-wife', when our wedding anniversary rolls around. Funny to think that in their view, if I repent and make it to the CK, we'll all be sealed together forever.

And the church claims it doesn't practice polygamy.

So deceitful.

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: February 22, 2017 03:14PM

I am a polygamous wife, too. My polygamous temple wife-beater husband also beat my "sister-wife." He then married a third woman, but I don't know if it's in the temple.

I tried for decades to get my sealing canceled, but failed, because wife-beater is the son of an important GA. Before I resigned, the SP and the Bishop both told me that my children, by my second husband, will belong to the wife-beater in the hereafter, also.

Hm-m-m. If my wife-beater ex doesn't repent, will I and my children and the "sister-wife" and her two children all be one "forever family"? Or, will we be assigned to another polygamist?

Talk about being treated like a herd of cattle! I hate the cult!

Posted by: severedpuppetstrings ( )
Date: February 22, 2017 08:53AM

Well, they practice "spiritual" polygamy...which is still...polygamy. No matter how the church tries to justify it.

Posted by: Trails end ( )
Date: February 22, 2017 09:28AM

Sorry master...but you dont have a chorum...minimum three for a chorum...its like collecting bonus points when you buy stuff...if you have 24999 and you need 25000 ...sorry no bbq for you...like forgetting where your pinky goes at the vveil...or one of the body parts whats sposed to get powered up ...its just all such a farce...see you can get to the platinum point level with seven...real gold level and a free car is probly...oh...lets say thirty cuz joey and briggy and warny and winky...then you run around doing rallys...the little people flock to catch a glimpse of you...only platinums are allowed to dine with you..security keeps the teeeming masses like sperm seeking an egg away from you..if they can but touch the hem of your robe...omg...sign here for your own planet....only 83 million more bonus points to go...my old man jumped through hoops you wouldnt believe to get his chorum over fifty years...he really thought hed get the free car...must be where the nigerians got the idea

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: February 22, 2017 01:21PM

Date: February 22, 2017 10:12PM

I guess I could count the spiritual marriages that lasted over the weekend. Ha.

Posted by: Godzilla ( )
Date: February 23, 2017 09:23PM

Me an my ex almost ended up in your situation, but altough neither one of us was getting married again,she made sure to cancel our sealing right after our divorce was completed... and then, she also flew off on her broom.

Posted by: alikat not logged in ( )
Date: February 25, 2017 07:25PM

You know what's so ridiculous about securing a sealing cancellation? You have to swear up and down that you have been chaste since the divorce. It's a total crock. So, if you messed up, they won't grant your petition? I never did understand what my behavior since the divorce had to do with being granted a sealing cancellation. Just another thing that was added to my shelf.

Posted by: hgc ( )
Date: February 25, 2017 11:22PM

I was temple married for 4 years when my wife left me for a man also temple married with 8 children. When I later remarried it was in the temple, hence polygamy. I have polygamous ancestors so I guess its okay?

A few years later she and husband #2 wanted a temple sealing so she applied for a cancellation and it was granted. One condition was she had to call me and ask my forgiveness, which she did. I told her okay because my wife #2 wanted #1 gone from our marriage.

What a convoluted mess. Now I don't care, second marriage was great, now 47 years. That temple thing was one of my early stepping stones out of the church.

Date: February 25, 2017 11:45PM

It is all about control.

Posted by: Darin ( )
Date: February 26, 2017 11:40AM

What amazes me is how did polygamy even start? The BoM calls it wicked, a sin, and an abomination. then D7C says no CK without it? what a bad joke.

Jacob 1:15 states: And now it came to pass that the people of
Nephi, under the reign of the second king, began to grow hard in their hearts, and indulge themselves somewhat in wicked practices, such as like unto David of old desiring many wives and concubines, and also Solomon, his son.

Jacob 2:24 Behold, David and Solomon truly had many wives and concubines, which thing was abominable before me, saith the Lord.

Mosiah 11:2 For behold, he did not keep the commandments of God, but he did walk after the desires of his own heart. And he had many wives and concubines. And he did cause his people to commit sin, and do that which was abominable in the sight of the Lord. Yea, and they did commit whoredoms and all manner of wickedness.

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: February 26, 2017 12:11PM

My ex husband,' wife and child beater is on wife #3. I wonder if he will continue to beat us in the hereafter. Gee, I'm glad that $h*t is fake!!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2017 12:13PM by aquarius123.

Posted by: Visitors Welcome ( )
Date: February 26, 2017 12:45PM

Well, I couldn't possibly think of a nicer topic to break those awkward silences at dinner parties than this.
"Did you know, per chance, that I happen to be a mormon polygamist?"
- "Really now, darling! Pray, do tell us all about it over another glass of Dubonnet!"

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.