Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: February 21, 2017 02:08PM

What would the Mormon God think of these demands that the right to free expression be forfeited under America's "divinely-inspired" founding document?.

--I received the following from a Complainer, under the subject line, "PLEASE":

"PLEASE stop this crap! Get a life and move on!"

--My reply:

"In America, it’s not crap. It’s free speech--and we don’t stop it.

"In Russia, China and North Korea it’s crap--and they stop it.

"Thanks for writing."

_____

On a humorous note, a reader called to complain about the same cartoon. She was elderly but full of vim and vigor and was angrily and loudly expressing her discontent. When she took a breath, I began responding but before I could finish my first sentence, she interrupted and yelled, "I'm deaf!," then hung up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2017 05:16PM by steve benson.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: peculiargifts ( )
Date: February 21, 2017 02:43PM

Excellent reply!

Also in the Mormon church---criticism is crap, stop it or be expelled. They are certainly in good company....

Posted by: de ja vue ( )
Date: February 21, 2017 03:14PM

Steve, If I ever meet you in person,I would like to touch your skin. It's gotta be thicker than that of the Elephants and your head harder than steel. Your heart is in the right place though. Keep it well protected. I appreciate your sharing and really glad I am not as notorious as you. LOL. Onward and Upward.

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: February 21, 2017 03:44PM

a sign of the approaching Apocalypse.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2017 05:17PM by steve benson.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: February 21, 2017 03:59PM

1984 is the Real LDS scripture, at least for the GAs & COBer's...

Posted by: tnurg ( )
Date: February 21, 2017 04:16PM

Yes, in the name of religious freedom, creeps of false religion are forever discriminating against those who question church established policy/doctrine! Give me a break! Religious freedom doesn't give anyone the right to take away the guaranteed Constitutional Rights of others! This is nothing more than a hideous form of unrighteous dominion, betrayal/fascist religion at its worst in the name of God no less!

As we know so well, the mormon CULT promotes the gift of free agency early on in the process of conversion that is eventually taken from its members! Exercising the individual right of free speech/agency in the so-called mormon church will get you disciplined in a variety of ways that will embarrass/demean the victim, maybe dis-fellowshiped, possibly excommunicated/ eventually shunned! Choose your poison!

Like so many of his indoctrinated counterparts unable to reason/think critically this misguided, mind controlled zealot in question doesn't have a clue! Empty headed with a verbose tone sounds good here! As Always, tnurg (GRUNT)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.