Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Ragingphoenix not logged in ( )
Date: February 19, 2017 05:33PM

It's been forever since I posted here. I don't have a support system anymore. Well I have friends who live out of state. My wife left me on my birthday, I'm on medical leave from work due to losing 1/3 of my kidney. I'm effectively homeless but someone I barely know is letting me stay for a bit.

I've lost 40 pounds in a few weeks.

I honestly don't know if I have the strength to go through this again.

Some days I fight with everything I have while other days I'm just tired of fighting and struggling. I've experienced too much loss too close together.

Had nowhere to vent so I came here.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: liesarenotuseful ( )
Date: February 19, 2017 05:47PM

You have experienced too much loss. I'm so sorry. I'm sure your physical problems compound the emotional losses. Can you contact out of state friends? Do you have family that cares? Is your health likely to get better? I'm glad that someone is letting you stay at their place. Please keep venting here. Let us know how you are doing, if things are getting better or worse.

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: February 19, 2017 06:21PM

I feel yah I'm struggling to find the strength as well I'm kinda bedridden right now recovering from foot surgery and I have no real support system either and I'm almost out of money so I'm not really sure what I'm going to do. I've just been venting on here for the last two weeks it kind of helps but it's not exactly a support system in the real world.

Posted by: peculiargifts ( )
Date: February 19, 2017 06:36PM

Rp, that's a huge load to have to carry. All that I can say is:

I've been there, and felt that way, too. I understand how hard it is to be sick and to have lost so much in a short period of time. I hope that you will keep on venting here. It might help you get through the hard times.

The thing about life is that you never know what is going to happen next. However, it appears to me that good stuff does follow the bad stuff. I hope that you will hold on long enough to see that happen in your life.

And tell that person who is giving you a place to stay that we all appreciate that kindness.

Hang in there, and do whatever you can to find even one thing that makes you feel happy.

Posted by: seekyr ( )
Date: February 19, 2017 06:39PM

I'm so sorry for all your troubles. Truly a very difficult time.
I wonder if any emergency services (Like dialing 2-1-1) might be able to recommend resources to you or get some help for you.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: February 19, 2017 06:57PM

I'm sorry to hear of your troubles. It sounds like you've hit rock bottom, but when that happens, there is no place to go but up. You might try contacting Catholic Charities in your area to see if they can help you.

Keep posting, and let us know how you are doing.

Posted by: Betty G ( )
Date: February 19, 2017 07:33PM

I am sorry that such terrible things have happened to you in such short order.

If you find yourself in crisis, I looked up a national crisis and suicide line that supposedly is available at

1 (800) 273-8255

If you are feeling anything like self harm, or anything like that, PLEASE CALL. It is a toll free number.

I don't know what else to do to help, as I am rather limited on resources myself, but I hope that there are people out there that you will be able to either find, or turn to.

If, in the worst case, call the number, it's only a few minutes of your time, and after everything else, it couldn't hurt to try.

If venting helps, please vent some more. This is a good place to do it, and I think there are always people that are willing to listen.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.