Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: February 19, 2017 06:17AM

I do not read the Ensign, New Era, The Friend, The Book of Mormon, Dessert News, Church News or any other publication by the Cult of the Living Morons aka TSCC.

If you read them, why?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: February 19, 2017 07:58AM

Hell to the no.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: February 19, 2017 08:11AM

anything pertaining to mormonism including books like "No Man Knows My History" and such. I have purchased quite a few and my mind just shuts down when I know it is about mormonism.

Posted by: readwrite ( )
Date: February 19, 2017 09:38AM

That leaves room for good stuff; truth and reality; growth and imagination; time for reading, and writing, research and rhymes, poetry and prose; rest and relief for body and mind.

I wouldn't read that filth and consider it repulsive and laughable. It's only purpose is to inflate the flat, holey egos of the spiritually dead moron producers of the propaganda and to put to sleep (or really to death) the reader.

Posted by: desertman ( )
Date: February 19, 2017 12:50PM

My brain is not dirty enough to need washing. So until I need brain washing I will continue to not read the above mentioned literary efforts.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: February 19, 2017 02:57PM

I'll flip through them sometimes to see what the church is dishing out now. That way, I already know what spin my LDS relatives will have next.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: February 19, 2017 03:04PM

Oh no. I don't read anything put out by the LDS Church unless using it to confirm a position or a point. Reference only!

I was so glad to be rid of those publications!

Posted by: Josephina ( )
Date: February 19, 2017 03:15PM

I threw them all away. I won't have anything to do with them ever again. Some people keep them as references for speaking/writing against TSCC, but I can't stand to have them in my house.

Posted by: liesarenotuseful ( )
Date: February 19, 2017 03:29PM

My dh gets them in the mail. I don't read them, but sometimes someone will mention to me an article that is especially bad, then I look it up and share it here so we can throw rocks at it.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: February 19, 2017 09:04PM

My brother left a box full them at home from the mid '70's--I picked up couple to see if there was any cool, fun stuff to talk about on RfM, but it was the same stuff, over and over and over and over again.

Posted by: CateS ( )
Date: February 19, 2017 09:14PM

Nevermo here. There was a time when I read a lot of anti=mormon books including No Man Knows My History.

To be fair, I also read the BoM in its entirety as well as the D&C in its entirety. By the time I got to The Pearl of Great Price I was so bored (even so, I do have a high boredom threshold) I bailed. Maybe one day I'll get to it as well.

It's been a number of year. Now all I ever read is this board.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: February 19, 2017 10:08PM

I used to look at (but not read) LDS publications online so I could turn their pictures into cartoons. But I grew tired of that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2017 10:09PM by Stray Mutt.

Posted by: Heretic 2 ( )
Date: February 19, 2017 11:28PM

When I was a Mormon, I hated reading church magazines. It got to the point where I almost never did it. It seems like the magazines were full of energetic, perfect, faithful people. There was no possible way I could stack up. It was too depressing to read the magazines, so I quit reading them.

Posted by: Weedo ( )
Date: February 20, 2017 12:13AM

This might be a thread drift and with no real research or evidence. However, observation to me and my head, clearly shows that few active members really read study ponder...or pray about seeking truth. Lip service is made to the BOM, but family scripture reading is "slamming" if at all, through a chapter or two per night with no questions or discussion.

Shorter shift to the PoGP and D&C. Denial of the essays, certainly typically not read. Leaders do not have the time availability anyway.

There are a few exceptions, of course. Anyway devoting more than 10 minutes a day and outside the annual BOM speed reading course, often discharged by 2nd Nephi...is a candidate for NOM status or here.

If keeping a TSCC version testimony is required, then critical thinking, which begins with reading studying and pondering is not advisable.

Much better to sing primary songs. Hand actions included, even better.

Posted by: arinae ( )
Date: February 20, 2017 12:15AM

I didn't read more than the odd article here and there when I was at my true bluest.

It was rather boring when I actually believed it.

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: February 20, 2017 12:33AM

My mind just shut down when I read some of those titles that is not good, one day my brain will come alive again one day my friends.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: February 20, 2017 02:16AM

You remind me of when I was a teenager. I got no allowance or lunch money, because my white collar administrative father said things were tight, but he subscribed to every Mormon periodical including the "Friend" for kids. You better believe I was going to read my deprivation. The garbage they push in those magazines startled me and at least provided entertainment, if only by provoking laughter.

Posted by: op47 ( )
Date: February 20, 2017 04:21PM

I find reading the BOM is a help with the insomnia.

Posted by: Loyalexmo ( )
Date: February 20, 2017 04:33PM

I live right near a Deseret Books (across the street) and I love to go in there and stalk the stuff. Soooo creepy and reminds me of being a member. A strange form of negative nostalgia.

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: February 20, 2017 08:29PM

It is a creepy store I agree I won't even walk in and scope the place anymore.

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: February 20, 2017 08:24PM

I use to read the ensign but had this unwelcome tendency to find all the errors. It became especially troubling when I was detecting all the doctrine errors in the conference reports. Like seriously what's correlation actually doing these days?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.