Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Exmo Aspie ( )
Date: February 19, 2017 03:09AM

I would like to apologize profusely for my long absence. And yes, I'm switching back to Exmo Aspie from Cabin Boy. It just feels more like me.

So in my long absence I had a few hard months. Little work, depression, and all around difficulty.

But my life has finally turned around. After months of working at Mcdonalds for only 6 to 12 hours a week, I was able to land a full time dream job as a security officer, of which I would be able to turn into a career.

I also a month ago was able to meet a beautiful ex-mormon girl my age which loves Lord of the Rings as I do, and we fell in love.

I have also secured a part time gig substitute teaching at a local charter school and I love it.

Also I'm happy to report that my fellow Gen Z'ers, the kids in my age group, I say kids because we are still young and have a lot to learn, are dropping out of the mormon church by the THOUSANDS. Out of my graduating class in my local area, active mormons make up 20% of our population.

So all the years of work you guys poured into our movement is paying off in amounts I didn't see so large so fast.

It's good to be back.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: February 19, 2017 03:17AM

Good that you are back! :)

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: February 19, 2017 04:05AM

Sounds like you're doing well!

Nice to see you again and best of luck in the future

Tom in Paris

Posted by: praydude ( )
Date: February 19, 2017 04:22AM

Congratulations Exmo Aspie! I have loved reading your posts and I'm glad to hear that you are in a good place.

Take care and please keep posting. Your posts are super funny because they are so honest.

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: February 19, 2017 07:57AM

(((Exmo Aspie))) Yaaaaay for you!!!!! Thanks for keeping us posted. I'm so glad you are doing well and taking life by the horns. Love ya, Aquarius

Posted by: nomonomo ( )
Date: February 19, 2017 09:10AM

Great to "see" you! I'd been wondering lately if I'd missed an update. Stay in touch.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: February 19, 2017 09:10AM

Good to hear from you, EA! I'm glad that things are going well. Keep updating us from time to time, okay?

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: February 19, 2017 09:49AM

I gather "20%" is your approximation, but it's encouraging, all the same. Especially your good employment and the report of your well-being.

Thanks for the positive "return and report."

Posted by: blakballoon ( )
Date: February 19, 2017 09:55AM

It's late here, I just got home from an evening shift at work, my feet and knees are killing me. I lay down in bed with a groan and read "exmo aspie is back!" Sure did bring a smile to my face:)

So glad things seem to be going well!
Goodnight!

Posted by: JenMikell ( )
Date: February 19, 2017 11:44AM

YYYYYEEEEEAAAAAHHHHH!!!

So great to hear from you, and hear that you are doing so well!

Jenna

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: February 19, 2017 11:54AM

Very, VERY happy for you, Exmo Aspie!!!

:D

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: February 19, 2017 02:52PM

Thanks for checking in.

You have given some hope to others who are going though a rough spot.

In life, we have ups and downs. I'm glad you finally have an "up" in your life.

Posted by: Josephina ( )
Date: February 19, 2017 07:51PM

I'm happy to hear that Gen Z's are dropping out of LDS-ville, and it sounds like even more than Millennials. And many of us oldies, the Boomers and Gen X, are STILL dropping like crazy. Often whole families are dropping! If the Q-15 didn't have their hands on so much money, the Church would be in its death throes. But they always find ways to get new converts. Not honest ways. And many BIC's are so deeply attached and indoctrinated that they just can't let go. So Mormonism marches on...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2017 07:52PM by brigidbarnes.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.