Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: notapatsfan ( )
Date: February 18, 2017 10:56PM

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2693265-tom-bradys-super-bowl-51-comeback-to-be-made-into-book-and-feature-film?iid=ob_homepage_deskrecommended_pool

disclaimer: I am not a pats fan - never have been... deflategate confirmed it....

I think there are much more inspirational comebacks/over coming adversity stories - than a bunch of over paid men ....... winning a stupid football game....

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: February 19, 2017 12:00AM

I agree with you they went way over the top with merchandise after this super bowl. But I gotta be careful on the board I said the super bowl was fixed and I got torn apart by a ton of people on here.

Posted by: notapatsfan ( )
Date: February 19, 2017 01:37AM

doesn't matter what people think - it was fixed.....

Posted by: midwestanon ( )
Date: February 19, 2017 02:39AM

Let's not do this again...

Once again, I can only speak for myself, I don't really care about football, what I care about is logic and the idea that you think thousands of people colluded in fixing a game that was televised in front of over a hundred million people and included a 25-point comeback, where at one point in the game ESPN rated the statistical likelihood of the Patriots winning, based on the time left, and the amount of points needed to win, at 0.05%.

And the Patriots still won.

Quit playing victim stance on this shit badassadam. You know what happened in the earlier thread.

As for the movie and the book things, a book doesn't exactly surprise me, people write books all the time, but making a feature-length movie? It seems really really soon. Maybe in like, 20 or 30 years, you know after the current players are no longer playing and stuff. It's like when they made all those movies about 911 a few years after it happened. I don't know what everyone else thought about it really, but I just thought it was way too soon. Not like in an insensitive way, it felt like we were still living in that period of time- almost as though the movies made weren't far enough removed from the here and now. It's like they were making a movie about what happened yesterday. If that makes any sense.

And that's what it's going to feel like when they make this movie about the Patriots comeback. I mean, I don't know when it's scheduled to go in production, but unless it's not for two or three decades, I don't think I'm going to be that interested.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2017 02:43AM by midwestanon.

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: February 19, 2017 06:40PM

I'm not saying a word I know your mind is fixed anyways on this subject and the final score said the pats won nobody can argue that case closed, now go watch the reruns of all the other pats super bowls and I will go vent somewhere else in the meantime about whatever I need to vent about I'm not here to be in a scholarly debate to see who knows the most useless knowledge.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.