Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: left4good ( )
Date: February 18, 2017 04:34PM

South Africa has a sad history of apartheid. A lot has been said about it and written about it.

Along comes Deseret News publishing an article titled "LDS Church history videos show how South African Latter-day Saints battled discrimination."

From the article: "I love these stories because they show the great potential the church has to be a unifying force in a divisive world if members will embrace simple gospel principles in their daily lives."

I stand all amazed...

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865673078/LDS-Church-history-videos-show-how-South-African-Latter-day-Saints-battled-discrimination.html

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Humberto ( )
Date: February 18, 2017 04:50PM

The church is more than happy to take credit for any good things done by individual members, but when did any single one of the 15 take a public, strong position against apartheid? Moreover, when did the church ever issue a clear consensus condemning it's evil?

Posted by: left4good ( )
Date: February 18, 2017 05:04PM

You are so right. They are always happy to take credit, but never acknowledge their misdeeds much less offer apologies.

This article struck me with their ability to sadly note their experiencing discrimination.

The irony.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.