Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BYUAlumnuts ( )
Date: February 18, 2017 11:32AM

It's been awhile since I've posted anything here, but the other day I had made a comment on an article in the Salt Lake Tribune and mentioned how the Mormon Church was a fraudulent lie. Someone replied that I must have evidence that others don't have.

Now I don't believe for one second that person has no clue as to the evidence that exists against the Mormon Church. The Book of Mormon itself is so full of archaeological and story line impossibilities that it insults the intelligence of anyone with just a seventh grade education, let alone things like DNA, the Book of Abraham, and the fact that the Mormon Church was literally pulled out of a hat with a stone in it.

But it would do no good to go into details with people like that. Carl Sagan summed it up quite well. Most Mormons have been bamboozled so long that they will reject any and all evidence of the bamboozle. They really are not interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured them. Perhaps it is just too painful and embarrassing to admit, even to themselves, that they’ve been taken. Once they give those church charlatans power over them, they almost never get it back.

Now I have no problem with people who want to wallow in Mormonism, throwing away their time and money to the multi-billion dollar CORPORATION of the President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. That they would do so is poetic justice for their stupidity. And yes, that is the official name of their CORPORATION church.

I wonder if they also claim to be oblivious to the fact that their CORPORATION church has a “for profit” arm called Deseret Management Corp. That’s the part of their CORPORATION church responsible for such things as building multi-billion dollar shopping malls. You see, their CORPORATION church is not in the business to lose money, nor is it in the business just to break even, giving away any excess they take in to the poor and needy. No, their CORPORATION church is in the business to amass as much money, riches, wealth, power, property, real estate, and assets as it possibly can.

Since their CORPORATION church claims to be organized exactly like Jesus Christ’s was, they might want to ponder what Jesus called the “for profit” arm of His church. Maybe it was Liahona or Kolob Management Corp.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: February 20, 2017 03:32PM

Evidence of the truth is whatever makes you feel good. "I know the church is true because I was thinking about it and had a a sperachul orgasm." As long as you have a totally different view of what evidence and facts are, you are at a complete impasse as far as trying to bring someone over to your way of thinking. It doesn't work for us, it doesn't work for them.

TSCC is not a church in the sense that we think of churches. They don't have the church family feel to them because it's so corporate and sterile and buisnesslike. It exists to separate the sheep from their money. Period.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.