Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: February 17, 2017 05:24PM

I made Brooke Swallow's acquaintance when I attended a presentation by an Ex-mormon "luminary" at UVU a few years ago. She's the real thing as far as helping protect young co-eds from boorish Mormon males--and non-Mormon males, too--whose behavior at BYU--and UVU--has been well-documented here.

This one is marked for public release, so I'm just passing it on. I'm doubtful I'll be able to attend (sorry Danites), although if a group of Salt Lake exmo's wants to take up a collection and hire a taxi, I might be willing to cut 'em a deal, possibly with a stop at some SLC venue for some serious loud laughter and WOW violations. Circumstances permitting...

>Orem, UT, Utah Valley University, FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Brooke Swallow, (contact information omitted, but easy enough to find)

>V-DAY Utah Valley University JOINS ONE BILLION RISING

>V-Day Utah Valley University 2017 Presents A Benefit Reading of THE VAGINA MONOLOGUES WITH Keli Byers, Rebekah Myers Dunford, Hayley, Molly Chrisman, Julie Parma, Wendy Rush, Emily Quan, Trinidad Allred, Sariah Mitchell, Kindra Amott, Daisy Allred, Renee Lindsay, Kailey Paxton, Wendy Rush, Zoe Rush, Brooke Swallow, Clarissa Carpenter, Abby Valentine, and Aubrie Colburn Weber.

>Join Us as we LISTEN! ACT! and RISE! to Demand Revolutionary Change for Women and Girl Survivors of Violence: On February 23 and 24 at 7:00pm and February 25 at 2:30pm, V-Day UVU will present a three-night-only benefit reading of Eve Ensler’s award winning play The Vagina Monologues at the UVU Library Auditorium.

>Last year over 5,800 V-Day benefits were held around the world raising funds and awareness towards ending violence against women. These highly successful events raised over $5 million through performances of The Vagina Monologues and A Memory, A Monologue, A Rant as part of the V-Day 2016 College and Community Campaigns. This special benefit performance is presented this year as part of V-Day’s campaign ONE BILLION RISING: REVOLUTION, a global initiative that began three years ago as a call for women survivors of violence to Rise and demand an end to violence. In 2016, Risings will focus on highlighting, creating and envisioning new, brave and radical artistic initiatives to bring in the new revolutionary world of equality, dignity and freedom for all women and girls.

>The Vagina Monologues will be performed at at the UVU Library Auditorium, south of 800 South on College Drive (Orem), February 23 and 24 at 7:00pm and February 25 at 2:30pm. Tickets are $5 with UVU, BYU, or High School Student ID & $10 without Student ID and may be purchased at the door, cash only.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: February 17, 2017 05:33PM

That was the first date BF took me on, at UVU's The Vagina Monologues. I highly recommend it to everyone.

Posted by: cinda ( )
Date: February 17, 2017 08:58PM

I have always wanted to attend a performance of this, having read nothing but positive accolades since its inception.

Posted by: Sir Topham That ( )
Date: February 19, 2017 12:49PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.