Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: rt ( )
Date: February 14, 2017 03:54PM

I notice you keep extensive archives. Do you happen to have any of my stuff as TBM in the early days of RfM on file? By early days I mean 1997 or thereabouts, when there were only 120 or so exit stories.

I remember getting my ass handed to me by you in a discussion of Weber's protestant ethic. I realize it might be immensely embarrasing to read that stuff now, but also fascinating in a morbid way, I guess.

Back in those days, news about the Church was slow to reach the mission field. When a Church president would die, it would sometimes take weeks for that news to reach us, usually with the sustaining of the GA's during the next scheduled ward or stake conference. I think the Hinckster's ascension to the throne was the first one to reach us within days of the actual event.

Anyways, I would go to RfM to catch up on the latest gossip and read a bit. I would typically last a few days before I would be physically ill (stomachache). Only later did I realize that was cogdis. It would put me off RfM for a few months. Luckily, there were already pictures of naked people back then to keep me occupied in the mean time. I was a TBM, after all.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: randyj ( )
Date: February 14, 2017 04:18PM

"I notice you keep extensive archives. Do you happen to have any of my stuff as TBM in the early days of RfM on file? By early days I mean 1997 or thereabouts, when there were only 120 or so exit stories."

I don't keep any such archives. The links to my old material which I post here are mostly from the alt.religion.mormon archives. The old stuff that Eric K. has archived from almost 20 years ago is in the "short topics" section:

http://www.exmormon.org/mormon/mormon_shorts.htm

"I remember getting my ass handed to me by you in a discussion of Weber's protestant ethic."

That doesn't ring a bell. I don't know the "Weber" to which you refer. Maybe you're mistaking me for another poster.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.