Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: sunbitch ( )
Date: February 14, 2017 10:28AM

I got this tbm boy a valentines day bear and I sent him a message with a cute quote saying happy valentines day, I love you, and all he said was "comeon man!, I told you I wasn't gay!"

which I get, but the fact that he didn't even say "thank you" for the really cute valentines day bear that I got him..I feel like I bought that bear for nothing and my valentines day is ruined and I just feel like I am going to be single and lonely for life and I wish he said "thank you" and valentines day is a big flop because no-one loves me!!! and to be honest no-one has ever gotten me a bear personally, so I have no idea what it feels like, don't know if I ever will. :/ </3

): do mormon boys not even know how to say "thank you?" uugghh I feel like I am just a big flop when it comes to life and love, valentines day, single, the horror..)-: why oh why am I gay? why couldn't I just be straight like every other boy on the planet?
-forever alone, happy valentines heart break day.:(-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2017 10:38AM by sunbitch.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: February 14, 2017 10:31AM

I'm sorry for what happened, but...

You have to understand that other people aren't always going to feel the way you want them to. And that "unwanted advances" are rarely greeted with a "thank you" -- whether they're gay or hetero. I'm not gay, but I've had girls completely reject my expressions of affection...this isn't a gay thing.

Nice try, though. Sorry it didn't work out. Move on and find somebody that is capable of loving you back, and willing :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2017 10:32AM by ificouldhietokolob.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: February 14, 2017 11:17AM

I agree with Hie that it was an unwelcome advance. As such, he did not necessarily owe you a "thank you." If I'm remembering correctly, the young man in question has already let you know that he is not interested in pursuing same-sex partners at this time. He may seem gay to you, but he may not be. Or if he is, he is not at the point of acknowledging it.

In the future, I would save valentines and gifts for people who have shown some romantic interest in you. This guy hasn't.

When you are older, you may want to consider moving to an area with a greater number of gays who are out.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: February 14, 2017 10:39AM

I'm sorry that his lack of etiquette wrecked your day.

I never found any comfort or emotional support from members. It was some sort of assumed weakness to exhibit the slightest ounce of kindness towards anyone.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: February 14, 2017 10:40AM

Happy Valentine's Day!

Don't waste your time on someone who doesn't love you back.

Be nice to yourself. Treat yourself to something sweet today, and relish in the magic of you!

Posted by: liesarenotuseful ( )
Date: February 14, 2017 11:02AM

what a sweet thing for you to do. I'm sorry he doesn't feel the way you do. I wish I could give you a bear, you seem like a great person. The future is before you, don't give up, there is someone out there who will love you and only you!

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: February 14, 2017 03:59PM

Happy Valentine's Day, SB.

Sorry it's a sad day for you, but like others have said, you made an unwelcome advance towards someone who is not interested in you. Those kinds of realities are always bitter pills to be swallowed and accepted. But swallow it and move on.

He simply is not interested in you. So stop trying. You can't change him and you are only making yourself miserable.

I don't know how old you are. If you are on the younger side, (teenager, young adult), this is a hard age to be at and be gay. But things do get better. Trust me.

Either way, move on from this guy. He is not interested in you.

Posted by: nonsequiter ( )
Date: February 14, 2017 04:42PM

If someone sent me a bear, especially a gay man, I would be absolutely flattered. But I do have an S/O this time around so maybe Id have to play it off.

Secretly maybe you lifted his ego. And thats the true spirit of valentines day

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2017 04:42PM by nonsequiter.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.