Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: SEcular Priest ( )
Date: February 12, 2017 11:51PM

I grew up in the Church in the fifties and the sixties. The Church was a Church back then with some side businesses.

The Church today is a corporation with religion as a side offering.

How did that happen?

An interesting thing at Church today. In Priesthood opening activities they were passing out information asking members to donate to the Boy Scouts of America. I missed last weekend when they talked about it so I did not ask the question I wanted too. No one asked questions either. I really wanted to ask, "Before I donate money to the Boy Scouts of America, where does the Mormon Church stand on Gays, Transsexuals and girls being allowed into the scouting program?" Fair question. If I give money to the Boy Scouts does that mean as a Church, we are going to embrace these people into the programs? And that as a Church we are supporting the direction they are taking.

The last I heard was the Church was not sure what they were going to do. So in some ways some of the saints may be throwing their money away if the Church backs out of scouting.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: February 12, 2017 11:54PM

SEcular Priest Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Church today is a corporation with religion as
> a side offering.

That is very true. After I worked for them, I decided that they were just a Corporation for which their religion was their product.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: February 13, 2017 12:17PM

TSCC also said (last year) that they have always allowed gay scouts... just not Scout-mastur(bator)s. Yea, whatever.

Yea, it's too bad you couldn't/ didn't ask the questions.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.