Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: February 12, 2017 07:44PM

Finally gets his comeuppance, with the last of his many wives! Story is featured on Dateline this evening. Man is eerily reminiscent of the scam perpetrated by Joseph on his plural wives, sans a cult religion. Instead of deceiving his plural wives he was a prophet, he used the ploy he worked as a British spy, to achieve the same ends basically, as Joseph did to woo women: to fool them and have them hand over all their money to him!

Kudos to Mischele!

"This is the moment a woman bravely trapped an infamous conman and bigamist who stole her heart and allegedly scammed her and at least nine other women from both sides of the Atlantic.

William Allen Jordan, 48, an American who gained worldwide notoriety after he pretended to be a CIA agent so he could defraud vulnerable women looking for love in Britain, thought Mischele Lewis was his next victim.

But the 36-year-old registered nurse and single mom to two kids turned the tables on him in dramatic fashion.
After spending a month playing cat-and-mouse with him, she lured him to the parking lot of a store in Cherry Hill, New Jersey, on Tuesday, where police slapped handcuffs on him in a pre-organized sting....

Jordan was picked up and charged with sexual assault, theft by deception, and impersonating law enforcement, according to the Burlington County, New Jersey, prosecutor's office. Bail was set at $60,000.
'I feel relieved now,' Mischele said. 'I don't have to pretend anymore. I'm trying to be hopeful that this will bring other victims forward.'

Jordan was once married to two women simultaneously in Britain. He told both of them that he was a spy, and had both convinced that the 'other Mrs. Jordan' was not really a wife, but an agent working undercover.
In 2006, Jordan pleaded guilty to bigamy, obtaining funds by deception, failing to register as a sex offender and possession of a stun gun.

That case drove one of his victims, Mary Turner Thomson, to write an acclaimed book on her ordeal. In it she detailed a parade of women who had contacted her after falling for Jordan's charms.
He was also featured in numerous TV documentaries on the worst villains alive. The Investigation Discovery channel will run another show in the fall featuring Jordan.

After serving two and a half years in a British prison, Jordan was released and deported back to his home in New Jersey, where he allegedly started the scam all over again.
When Mischele, who lives in Florence Township, New Jersey, learned to her horror that her beau was not who he said he was, she went to the police....

Jordan, Mischele learned, had at least 13 kids with eight different women. At one time, he had two wives, two fiancés, and another girlfriend on the side. She learned that Jordan was a pedophile, and had served time for molesting a girl between the ages of nine and 13. She also learned that he had swindled £198,000 — more than $333,000 — from Mary.

Jordan had never been a spy, although Mary said he was good at impersonating voices. Mischele suspected that 'Tom Chalmers' and 'Marcus' were, in fact, Jordan.
Mischele also learned that since Jordan had been released from prison, he'd allegedly had at least two previous victims in New Jersey and one in Mexico. The next day, Mischele confronted Jordan.

'I thought he would deny, deny, say it was a mistake, a misunderstanding. He didn't. He said, "I was a bastard. I was a terrible person. I did terrible things."'
Although Jordan claimed that he wanted to change, Mischele didn't believe him.

She learned that Jordan had been professionally diagnosed as a psychopath, and psychopaths don't change.
And as a nurse, she knew that this personality disorder is highly genetic, and there was a chance that her baby could inherit it. So regretfully, she decided it was best not to continue the pregnancy.

She also decided that she wanted to bring Will Jordan to justice.
So Mischele maintained contact with Jordan, pretending that she was willing to try again, if he worked to retain her trust.
But every time she spoke to him, she immediately called Mary Turner Thomson in the UK, who told her what was true, what was a lie, and what was partially true.

Mary also put Mischele in touch with six more of Jordan's alleged victims, who shared their stories.
'My story has a piece of everybody else's story,' Mischele said.

For 10 weeks, Mischele engaged in a psychological chess match with a seasoned con artist. She asked questions, pretended to take him back, and told outrageous lies, until Florence Township and Cherry Hill police were ready to make an arrest.

Then she agreed to meet him at the store, and watched from behind a display of snack foods as he was taken into custody.
'I felt passionately that this needs to end, and it needs to end with me,' Mischele said."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2610749/EXCLUSIVE-Moment-heartbroken-woman-conned-globally-infamous-fraudster-bigamist-fake-CIA-agent-turned-tables-New-Jersey-parking-lot-police-sting.html#ixzz4YWK0U700

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderpopejoy ( )
Date: February 12, 2017 11:35PM

Amyjo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> (A modern Joe Jr.) finally gets his comeuppance, with the last of his > many wives! Story is featured on Dateline this
> evening.

If only an Arnold had clocked this sort of guy early on, think of the endless pain it would have spared the heroine and nine other women.

Maybe "True Lies" set the bloody sod off. Same ol' secret agent spiel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WRf6Q1o7PE

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.