Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: February 12, 2017 01:18PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: February 12, 2017 01:26PM

Hell yes! But remember, the men are not allowed to be with other women. They have to wait their turn, even if it is sloppy seconds.

I would give them plenty to do. I'd even make a calendar for their time with me if they want. They can help each other do all the chores. I might even let some of them work.

Date: February 12, 2017 01:37PM

dagny Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They have to wait their turn,
> even if it is sloppy seconds.

Biologically it is more likely last one in first baby out is his. But ultimately a woman's body decides who's the daddy regardless of who is first and who is last.

Date: February 12, 2017 01:39PM

If women aren't objects for men it doesn't matter how many men she has relations with for men as long as they get their rocks off in a hat.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: February 12, 2017 01:37PM

Before the Chinese took over 1/4 - 1/5 of the male population were monks.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2013/02/when-taking-multiple-husbands-makes-sense/272726/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyandry_in_Tibet

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2017 01:39PM by anybody.

Posted by: recoveredmomo ( )
Date: February 12, 2017 01:56PM

Hell no either way more than one is too many! Way too much drama! Lol

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: February 12, 2017 02:15PM

Date: February 12, 2017 04:03PM

Well, in my mind marriage is monogamy. Any other form of bonding with or without sex is more natural.

Marriage as a cultural tool to enforce sexual monogamy has always been a poor tool.

Modern human cultures struggle with the fact that monogamy helps with culturally enforced struggles against sexual jealousy but it isn't natural.

The reason children with two parents are more successful in our society is because that is what our society is built upon.

In my opinion calling marriage one of each, two of either, or one of one and many just shows how much marriage is trying to fit an unnatural condition on people and too often for "the sake of the children."

Marriage is dying.

Posted by: quatermass2 ( )
Date: February 13, 2017 01:02AM

"Would polygamy be better with one woman and many men?"

But then it wouldn't be polygamy, it would be polyandry.

Date: February 13, 2017 09:09AM

Polygamy (from Late Greek πολυγαμία, polygamía, "state of marriage to many spouses")

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polygamy

Posted by: Loyalexmo not logged in ( )
Date: February 13, 2017 01:15PM

Polygamy is a gender neutral term. Polygyny means one man and multiple women.

Posted by: Puli ( )
Date: February 13, 2017 01:54PM

A few cultures do allow women to have more than 1 husband. Someone already mentioned Tibet. One South American Tribe expects a woman to have a husband from different generations. She is expected to have children from each of her husbands and can get a bad reputation is she has too many children from any one of them.

Certain Eskimo cultures didn't have polygamy as such but the sharing of one's wife was considered hospitable (so long a the wife wasn't kept away from her husband too long).

My understanding is that culturally a man having more than 1 wife is much more common than a woman have more than 1 husband. Fidelity also varies widely culture to culture and women may have affairs with men other than their husbands.

Date: February 14, 2017 09:15AM

Puli Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Fidelity also varies
> widely culture to culture and women may have
> affairs with men other than their husbands.

Sexual fidelity is just the making a moral out of sexual jealousy.

Marriage doesn't exist outside of Western ideals. We call what other cultures less jealous about their sex would never call marriage by our definition.

Pair bonding is real. Multiple person bonding is real. Sexual fidelity as a way to elevate sexual jealousy is a hopeless ideal. It is putting pair bonding in a much too sexual context. We are hypersexual with huge egos. Something has to give and sexual jealousy wins. No wonder polygny is more common than polyandry. It is just because men are in control of the culture.

Posted by: Richard the Bad ( )
Date: February 13, 2017 03:10PM

My wife could take another husband if she wanted. So long as he made enough money that I could retire and go fishing.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.