Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: February 12, 2017 07:40AM

USA To Tennessee: The Supreme Court has already ruled on this. Why can't you move on? Why can't you let go of hate? Are you so infected with evil that you can't see the world has changed? It's over.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tennessee-natural-marriage-defense-act_us_589f4371e4b0ab2d2b159895?

http://wate.com/2017/02/09/new-bills-reignite-same-sex-marriage-debate-in-tennessee/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2017 07:44AM by anybody.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: February 12, 2017 08:10AM

They aren't happy with the result of the last supreme court decision. I'll bet they are gearing up for a different supreme court.

Why can't they just let other people love and marry who they choose, and focus on their OWN marriages? I can't help but wonder why people are so obsessed with controlling what goes on in other people's bedrooms and who can marry?

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: February 12, 2017 08:20AM

I live in Tennessee. At times our legislature makes it a bit embarrassing to live here. A few years back a state representative wanted to ban youth soccer games on Sundays. It was fortunately laughed at. There are comments all the time about the 'unsaved' or 'unchurched' by the devout. The few state leaders I have met have been strongly religious and make it obvious they are a man or woman of god within a matter of minutes of meeting them. The church marquees frequently have notices of local politicians speaking or preaching at their congregations. They get elected through the implicit support of churches in their districts. They need to be constantly reminded about the separation of church and state.

The state is much better than the pending legislation would have you believe. We just spent the day yesterday in downtown Chattanooga attending a soccer match and then out to dinner. Diversity was clearly present everywhere we went. Please don't judge TN by some of the idiots in local government.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: February 12, 2017 08:59AM

Much to my surprise, the plaque that commemorates the birthplace of the Ku Klux Klan in Pulaski is turned backwards:

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/tip/3121
https://tennesseeguy.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/dscn4297wtmk.jpg

They didn't try to erase the past but they wanted people to know they were looking towards the future.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2017 09:05AM by anybody.

Posted by: SubOnaMissionofChaos ( )
Date: February 13, 2017 02:39PM

That's the same way I feel about my local government.
"Don't judge me because I'm from Utah, I don't even like the Church or certain politicians!"
I've had to post the above a lot on various social media accounts.

Posted by: Loyalexmo not logged in ( )
Date: February 14, 2017 11:48AM

Used to live there. Worked at an educational publishing company. One of our rural clients (worked at a church we often sold materials to) was a white supremacist/open KKK member, we found out. That place was crazy.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: February 14, 2017 03:19PM

Because you wouldn't believe what's happened here. Traditional marriage has been utterly destroyed since the marriage equality ruling. I personally know 3 couples who have filed for divorce just since 2015. MUST be cause of the gays. Two of them have spouses who cheated on them with members of the opposite sex, but I'm sure that was just a cover for being able to get divorced and still get visitation with the kids. When it's all final, it will probably come out that they are marrying a same sex partner. This travesty must be stopped in its tracks before these children grow up and decide to be gay. Luckily we have politicians who will stand up for the families of our state and spend whatever it takes from our budget to do it. Well, unless it means giving them quality education or healthcare.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.