Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: kativicky ( )
Date: February 11, 2017 11:19AM

Hey everyone, I thought I would give ya'll an update. Mom is doing great. She is slowly getting her strength back. Our only issue is that since she can't lift her legs up to get in bed or in the car but we are working on it.

I am doing OK. The stress of dealing with what has happened has finally caught up with me because I have had a stomach ache that I only get with stress. I am surprised that I haven't gotten a migraine yet. My laptop has also decided to die on me which doesn't make me very happy especially with needing it for school. I knew that it didn't have much time left, so I had planned to get a new one once my refund from my taxes came in, but I might have to see if Dad will loan me the money and just pay him back instead. Because all my homework is online, I can't go long without a computer and my work is not very tablet friendly. Heck, I can't even doing a simple post here without it posting before i am ready.

Edit: To finish post after posting to soon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2017 11:22AM by kativicky.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: February 11, 2017 11:44AM

I'm glad to hear that your mom is doing well, Kativicky. Is she receiving physical therapy services? If not, you may wish to call her physician to arrange it. PT can do wonders in terms of getting people more mobile.

If all else fails, perhaps you can use the computers at your local library. I did that when my last computer was on the way out. But it is a pain in the neck.

Posted by: kativicky ( )
Date: February 11, 2017 04:29PM

I would love to do the library thing but I am needed more at home right now until Mom gets back on her feet.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: February 11, 2017 01:27PM

The stress of taking care of a loved can show up after the loved one is healed. You now need to take care of yourself and find ways to de stress. Very best wishes, Kativicky

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: February 11, 2017 02:40PM

So glad to hear your mother is doing better. What a relief.
Boner is right, though. Now that your mother is stable and doing better, you need to be taking care of yourself and de-stress. Sometimes, a family caretaker ends up sicker than their loved one if they are not careful.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: February 11, 2017 04:58PM

Good to hear. Big relief for you.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.