Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: February 11, 2017 10:32AM

1. Do you believe in God, the Eternal Father, in his Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost; and do you have a firm testimony of the restored gospel?
No.

2. Do you sustain the President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints as the prophet, seer, and revelator; and do you recognize him as the only person on the earth authorized to exercise all priesthood keys?
No—he has done nothing that is in any way evidence that he is a “prophet,” “seer,” or “revelator,” and I consider “priesthood keys” to be a fictional concept.

3. Do you sustain the other General Authorities and the local authorities of the Church?
I wish them well, but I don’t sustain them as having any kind of authority.

4. Do you live the law of chastity?
I’m faithful to my wife. I don’t concern myself with anything else associated with the concept of chastity.

5. Is there anything in your conduct relating to members of your family that is not in harmony with the teachings of the Church?
No.

6. Do you affiliate with any group or individual whose teachings or practices are contrary to or oppose those accepted by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, or do you sympathize with the precepts of any such group or individual?
Yes.

7. Do you earnestly strive to do your duty in the Church; to attend your sacrament, priesthood, and other meetings; and to obey the rules, laws, and commandments of the gospel?
No.

8. Are you honest in your dealings with your fellowmen?
Yes.

9. Are you a full-tithe payer?
No—I give money to organizations that actually do good.

10. Do you keep the Word of Wisdom?
No. I don’t always eat meat sparingly, and I eat it in times other than winter, cold, and famine.

11. Have you ever been divorced or are you now separated from your spouse under order of a civil court? If yes, (a) - Are you current in your support payments and other financial obligations for family members, as specified by court order or in other written, binding commitments? (b) Were there any circumstances of transgression in connection with your divorce or separation that have not been previously resolved with your bishop?
Never been divorced.

12. If you have received your temple endowment -- (a) Do you keep all the covenants that you made in the temple? (b) Do you wear the authorized garments both day and night?
(a) No, and I no longer pledge to give everything to the LDS church. (b) No.

13. Has there been any sin or misdeed in your life that should have been resolved with priesthood authorities but has not?
Sin? Well, if sin is something that is offensive to God, I don’t believe in God, so the answer is no. Misdeeds? Everybody has plenty of misdeeds, and people have to deal with them. Nothing will be “resolved” by priesthood “authorities.”

14. Do you consider yourself worthy in every way to enter the temple and participate in temple ordinances?
A temple is just a building. I consider myself worthy to enter a building, but I have no interest in doing so. I wouldn’t participate in temple ordinances on a dare.

It looks like I won’t be getting a recommend again this year. My streak continues.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bluebutterfly ( )
Date: February 11, 2017 01:02PM

5. Is there anything in your conduct relating to members of your family that is not in harmony with the teachings of the Church?

6. Do you affiliate with any group or individual whose teachings or practices are contrary to or oppose those accepted by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, or do you sympathize with the precepts of any such group or individual?

I've never been through the temple...so glad I dodged that bullet. It probably would've scared the shit out of me anyway.

Anyway, these 2 questions I wonder about. My parents both have current recommends, just as they always have. Four out of seven of their children don't participate in tssc church anymore. 1 has had his name removed, 1 is an addict and doesn't care about it, and there are 2 of us who are pretty vocal about our issues regarding tssc. How can they honestly answer these 2 questions when it comes to their own children? Are they lying in their interviews? Also, does it mean that if they were actually truthful they would never pass the interview?

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: February 11, 2017 01:11PM

1. Do you believe in God, the Eternal Father, in his Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost; and do you have a firm testimony of the restored gospel?
Yes, in a metaphorical kind of way. The same way I believe in Santa Clause. I have a firm testimony that the restored gospel is completely bogus. Does that count?

2. Do you sustain the President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints as the prophet, seer, and revelator; and do you recognize him as the only person on the earth authorized to exercise all priesthood keys?
No. He does the exact opposite of what a prophet, seer or revelator would do. As such, he has no authority to exercise any keys, real or imagined. If he were doing his job, the LDS scriptures would be admitted to be known frauds and the church would move forward on an honest footing.

3. Do you sustain the other General Authorities and the local authorities of the Church?
No. They are complicit in the same crimes as the President.

I live it better than the prophet Joseph Smith.

No.

Does RfM count?

7. Do you earnestly strive to do your duty in the Church; to attend your sacrament, priesthood, and other meetings; and to obey the rules, laws, and commandments of the gospel?
No. I don't support harmful organizations.

Yes.

No. Paying tithing to the church is counterproductive.

No. I've received more benefits by breaking it than by keeping it..

11. Have you ever been divorced or are you now separated from your spouse under order of a civil court? If yes, (a) - Are you current in your support payments and other financial obligations for family members, as specified by court order or in other written, binding commitments? (b) Were there any circumstances of transgression in connection with your divorce or separation that have not been previously resolved with your bishop?
Yes, yes, and not applicable.

12. If you have received your temple endowment -- (a) Do you keep all the covenants that you made in the temple? (b) Do you wear the authorized garments both day and night?
No and no.

13. Has there been any sin or misdeed in your life that should have been resolved with priesthood authorities but has not?
No. I resolved the sin of joining a harmful thought control cult myself by becoming inactive.

14. Do you consider yourself worthy in every way to enter the temple and participate in temple ordinances?
Yes. Although I have no desire to participate in any ordinances that were ripped off from the Masons or established by a lying con man.

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: February 12, 2017 04:30PM

If I were still in a bishopric, I'd sign your recommend.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: February 11, 2017 01:17PM

Excellent! If the temple were so wonderful, wouldn't you want everyone to be there? Aren't atheists, Mormons, Muslims,
Jews, gays, old folks, young folks, Californians, and Texans welcomed in Vatican City's St. Peter's? Do I need a permission slip to walk into my local synagogue, mosque, church, Christian Science Reading Room, Kingdom Hall, or Krishna temple?

Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot, only "worthy" special people get to go to the temple. Run, Boner, run! See Boner run! Cult, cult, cult! Run fast, Boner, run fast!

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: February 12, 2017 03:35PM

I'm in my temple every day. The temple of beautiful peace and sweet harmony. Great "outerviews". No interviews, just everlasting innerviews!

The self administering I do doesn't keep me from getting into everywhere, and I don't have to lure, or lie, to myself to get faux promises of hopeful glory.

These lds temples are less sacred than my toilet.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: February 19, 2017 02:17AM

I don't have temples, surely.

Posted by: focidave ( )
Date: February 19, 2017 08:53PM

Yes, but only because I'm married to my wife. I want to add the caveat though that if we weren't married, I'd still have just as much sex with her, and I regret that we didn't have sex before we were married. I also do not support any of the ideas related to chastity (such as modesty or homophobia).

I always interpreted this before as asking if I have good relationships with family members (e.g., not being abusive). If I read it literally though, there is a lot that isn't in harmony with the gospel. I frequently invite my wife to break the Word of Wisdom with me, don't take them to church meetings, and actively encourage a lifestyle not in harmony with many of the church's teachings.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2017 08:53PM by focidave.

Posted by: blindguy ( )
Date: February 19, 2017 09:32PM

Now let's see how I as a nevermo, raised as a Roman Catholic, now an agnostic/atheist, do on these questions.

No. And, as far as I know, the gospel was never true and didn't need to be restored in the first place.

No. The Roman Catholic pontiff, Francis, who does not consider himself to be a prophet, has made a greater number of accurate statements about the world in which we live than anything that any leaders, past or present, of the LDS church have done.

No. While I wish them well as they try to live out the rest of their lives, what they say is of absolutely no consequence to me. And I say ditto on this last sentence to the authorities within the Roman Catholic hierarchy.

No. Chastity Bono lives her life as she chooses as I live mine.

That's none of your business!

Yes. Obviously, my past involvement with the Roman Catholic faith precludes me from any involvement with Mormonism. And I do occasionally post to this board.

No. I earnestly strive to do what I believe to be right by myself and my fellow humans, and that precludes much of what organized religions, including Mormonism, teach.

Absolutely. Unfortunately, they are not always honest in their dealings with me--but those are other stories for other times.

No. Whatever Money I manage to get goes to support myself and organizations and causes in which I believe--and that excludes organized religions.

Yes. I faithfully follow NPR and the sciences to learn the facts that will assist me in making wise and intelligent decisions for my present and future.

I've never been married or divorced. But if I had, I certainly would not be seeking counseling from amateurs who are not trained in psychology or psychiatry. Note that, unlike the Mormons, many Roman Catholic priests are, in fact, trained in behavior psychology and psychiatry and would be far better equipped should I have a marriage or divorce problem.

No on both counts. The Christian Bible does not require special handshakes or garments for followers to enter the kingdom of Heaven.

Actually, that's none of your business. But, if it were, I think I'd prefer the Roman Catholic confessional over the gossipy Mormon bishopric to resolve any issues.

That is also none of your business, and I am in no way interested in participating in your temple ordinances.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.