Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: pickleweed ( )
Date: February 11, 2017 04:51AM

I searched in Audible for Japanese audio books (as in books in Japanese, not language books for learners of Japanese) and thought "ooh what in interesting title!"

The deterioration of Liberty.. "International Relations, yuck had enough of that during my BA..."
Conquest of the Physical Universe, "I wonder if its sci-fi"
The way to happiness.... "hmmm" I think "I've just finished reading Rhonda Byrne's The Secret, so this might be cheerful!"
but wait!.... I then saw the author's, the next book's author, and the next! Oh and I was so close to mindlessly wasting credit on a book with an interesting title.

39 out of just 43 results were all books by *gaspy gasp!*
L Ron Hubbard. It really surprised me! Are audiobooks the new way to infiltrate and indoctrinate? If so, the TSCC needs to up their game.

edit: In the end, I spent my credit on Terry Pratchett books in English and a beginners guide to Russian.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2017 04:54AM by pickleweed.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Allie ( )
Date: February 11, 2017 12:56PM

Wow that's interesting! I use audible and never noticed those books. My curiosity has been peaked and I think I am going to look into Scientology just because I want to know what all the crazy is about. Lol.

I just finished a monster calls and decided to use my credit on the subtle art of not giving a fuck (self help book) and its been a good listen so far :)

Posted by: pickleweed ( )
Date: February 11, 2017 08:10PM

The subtle art of not giving a fuck sounds like the type of book I need! Thanks for the recommendation!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.