Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: February 10, 2017 12:51PM

One reason I fell out of like with Mormonism was the promised eternal rewards didn't appeal to me. I had never wanted to procreate even once. Doing it forever? Would I have to? Oh, sure, an eternity of sex? Sure. But kids? Nope.

And while we're at it, this living forever thing? Had they really thought of the implications? Living until you've had enough, sure, but to then to go on living past that point? That would be hell.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bluebutterfly ( )
Date: February 10, 2017 01:00PM

They glamorize everything about living in the CK...everyone will be in their 20-year old body, no flaws, no scars, no ailments, no disabilities, everyone will be beautiful. And I will never forget what culty thing my parents said to me as a kid, 'if anyone got an actual glimpse of the CK they would commit suicide to be there'. They never talked to me as a child about eternities of sex, 'cause that would be inappropriate. ;-)

Posted by: scootergirl57 ( )
Date: February 10, 2017 01:01PM

So many mormons cant stand their spouse. So, forever? We will love each other then, they say, because we will be perfected. I never could buy that or find a TBM I could stay with even in this life.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2017 01:02PM by scootergirl57.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: February 11, 2017 05:01PM

there is supposed to be some degree of personal volition on the matter of eternal spouses. What about parents that a person can not stand ? I managed to live long enough to see the demise of my male parent who despised me because I dared to quit his "THE" church. I want to avoid ever being around that MORmON @$$ hole again for any reason. Just the time around him in this life was way too much. let alone an eternity of that crap.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: February 10, 2017 02:37PM

I know. The CK thing with my (former) eternal spouse never was a real draw for me. I thought it was just because of the particular person. But No, being married to anyone for eternity is more than enough reason to party big time (not that I do) in this life so I can make sure that never happens. I'd damn well better have my independence in the supposed eternities. I'd be fine to have my kids and grandkids around, but eternal increase? No thank ya. I'm good. I'm done.

But luckily, since I know that Mo Heaven is a hoax, I just don't worry about it. If there's an eternity, If there's a God, we'll all be together as the family of God. And if not--if it's any religion's version of heaven/hell, I choose to not be where I'd have to glorify a horrible vindictive being who would put their children in a world and abandon them with no guidance and then punish them for it for eternity. I'm sure when I tell that being what a MF they are I'd be banished anyway.

Posted by: liesarenotuseful ( )
Date: February 10, 2017 09:59PM

I remember as a child in primary, we were learning about how we will be together as families forever. The adult was talking in such a happy voice about how great it would be. I was alarmed. I didn't want to be with my dad forever.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: February 10, 2017 10:15PM

Oh man. I was trying to figure out how to escape from him in the now. Eternity? Probably not a problem... he was evil.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: February 11, 2017 05:59PM

I didn't even make it to kindergarten, so eternity's out of the question. What a dumb idea.

Posted by: liesarenotuseful ( )
Date: February 12, 2017 11:41AM

donbagley, you sure had a lot of spunk.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: February 10, 2017 10:08PM

Unless the CK is the one thing that Joe didn't make up, it's sure not to exist. I'd rather not put much weight on anything that came from such a charlatan.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: February 10, 2017 10:12PM

(sexist me)
I hope the women will have 'perfect'
figures & personality/character/values...

Hey, 1 out of 3 ain't so bad!!

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: February 11, 2017 10:06AM

Having an endless stream of babies sounds like my idea of Hell. Who came up with this idea...some man?

Posted by: Imbolc ( )
Date: February 11, 2017 10:48AM

I'm with Stray Mutt on this one, too. The thought of having even one child in this life truly disturbs me, why would I want to be constantly pregnant in the next? I also thought I would never be a candidate for the CK anyway because I didn't want kids at all. In Mormonism everything is about sex and kids. Blech!...to kids. Definitely it must be a man's idea of heaven, especially with all the wives. No thanks! And how degrading for women. Subconsciously I must have mused how much God hates women.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: February 11, 2017 11:33AM

Agree - how is that supposed to be attractive? Like Imbolc said, it's a man's concept that women want to and are supposed to be raising kids.

I had two kids. Been there done that. The last thing I want to do is deal with constantly raising more kids... for eternity no less.

If god wanted more little pets, he could just zap them into existence. The Mormon concept of eternity - gaining property, power and offspring is a human construct, and exactly what one would expect someone like JS to desire.

Most humans want someone to be in charge and they don't want to die. So many have a sky-fixer like Jesus who will be smothering them with love, attention and rewards in a next life.

Like Mutt said, eternity is a concept most have not realized would be horrible. No matter how much screwing, chocolate or experiences you have, at some point it becomes futile.

Living forever is religion's way of placating the sheep to make them content with suffering and injustice now. Seems to work. Don't worry, in the next life Jesus will actually be making everything nice!

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: February 11, 2017 05:14PM

always having my family with me. I never wanted to lose my spouse or children. Didn't want to live with my family, but I wanted to able to be around them.

Well, lost the husband. Eternity lasted about 11 years or so.

All the other bullshit, I wanted nothing to do with. But a "forever family" is what kept me in for so long, what made me hold out for a temple marriage.

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: February 11, 2017 06:14PM

Any eternal talk is hell for me just thinking about it is miserable I dont want to do anything forever

Posted by: NYCGal ( )
Date: February 12, 2017 11:23AM

Gotta say, TSCC lost me at this --
my reward for living a perfect mortal life was to spend eternity as head wife of my god-husband's harem and forever pregnant. Not my idea of heaven. I don't know why TBM women are okay with this.
Certainly a stick -- definitely not a carrot.

This idea seems to be from the same genre of male fantasy as the Muslim man's reward of 70 virgins. How do the virgins feel about that? Oh, right. They only exist to serve men's fantasies and desires -- it's the same for TBM women.

Thanks, but no thanks.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.