Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: February 10, 2017 10:12AM

It is a pretty safe bet TSCC has lost over a million members to resignations during the past 10 years. In April it will have been about 18 months since TSCC's secret war on gays via the children of gays being named Apostates was revealed. I know of several entire hard core TBM families that have left because of this misguided abomination.

Do you think during April Conference TSCC will (A) announce a fake number showing continued growth. (B) Admidt their membership numbers are on the decline. (C) Omit the number of members and hide it just like they do their financials.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: February 10, 2017 10:51AM

We can only assume that the figures will indicate that the LDS church is a giant success.

Posted by: liesarenotuseful ( )
Date: February 10, 2017 10:57AM

A. I think they will focus more on number of units; wards and stakes. They seem to be making them smaller in order to increase total numbers.

Posted by: Ex-Cultmember ( )
Date: February 10, 2017 11:16AM

I still think their gross membership is increasing so they will still use that number in conference. member births plus convert baptisms still outweigh the number of resignations. I'm sure, however, that the number of active members are on the decline but THAT is what they do NOT report on.

Posted by: liesarenotuseful ( )
Date: February 10, 2017 11:33AM

You could be right, but I'm pretty sure that they don't count babies as members until they are baptized. They used to count that separately from convert baptisms. I think they count 8 yr olds with the converts now. They also used to give the number of "children of record" separately. Which I think means baby blessings?

Posted by: desertman ( )
Date: February 11, 2017 07:35PM

The ward I am coerced into attending about 80% innactive

Posted by: itcame2pass ( )
Date: February 10, 2017 11:32AM

If they do report fewer members, it will be followed by the standard explanation that "the very elect will be deceived...see we told you!!". It's the fulfillment of prophecy.

Posted by: bluebutterfly ( )
Date: February 10, 2017 11:42AM

itcame2pass Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If they do report fewer members, it will be
> followed by the standard explanation that "the
> very elect will be deceived...see we told you!!".
> It's the fulfillment of prophecy.

That's what I was thinking too. If they decide to indicate that membership is struggling at all it will be all about how Satan is stronger than ever and testing everyone, so hold to the rod even stronger!!!

Posted by: peculiargifts ( )
Date: February 10, 2017 01:14PM

Or, maybe they will take the number of people who have left tscc and add that number to the earlier membership number, as if the apostates were really new converts.

Here's the thing: All numbers are true numbers (for religious purposes). So the only slightly dishonest thing is to apply the number who left as if it meant exactly the opposite. But that is okay, because the number is a true number. Just focus on the fact that it is a true number. Ignore the fact that the number is applied to the wrong category. That is just a fleck of history. And we already know that we are to ignore those.

Plus, it's really true that the apostates are new converts. I mean, they are newly converted to thinking for themselves and rejecting insane, twisted rulership, but we don't need to mention those details.

So they are really telling the truth in two out of three categories: the number is a true number, and the apostates are new converts (to something other than Mormonism, fleck, just another fleck, don't mention the flecks).

I really think that this will work for them. The only problem is that anti-Mormons will try to twist the facts by applying the numbers to the correct categories. But anti-Mormons will do anything to hurt the church and to harm the gospel, so we can just ignore their pathetic, destructive efforts.

;p

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: February 10, 2017 02:44PM

I don't think they subtract resignations from their fictional 15 million. Even if they did, remember that for every member who formality resigns, there are dozens who walk away and don't come back.

Last April's numbers showed a decline in convert baptisms. I expect that trend to continue

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: February 10, 2017 07:06PM

I think they will add another million; more fudge in the making.

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: February 10, 2017 07:12PM

You can be sure I won't be watching the conference but tell me the results on here if you like. I can't stand those guys I'm pretty sure they are gay with each other which would be ironic.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: February 10, 2017 07:13PM

The number will be a lie. Just like everything else they say.

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: February 10, 2017 07:49PM

I hope they've lost more than they realize and half the conference center is empty, teach them a lesson for lying so much the truth will be right in front of their face.

Posted by: dodo ( )
Date: February 10, 2017 09:33PM

A co-worker goes to Mesquite to gamble about 3-4 times a year. When he returns he always tells me that he won an X amount of money but he never says how much he lost in order to win. I suspect that the mighty morg had the same methodology and doesn't tell how many it has lost, only how many it has gained.

Posted by: Ex-CultMember ( )
Date: February 10, 2017 09:54PM

My guess is they will say they are 15,860,000 strong having added 240,000 converts to the church.

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: February 10, 2017 10:03PM

Oh yeah: a conference in April. TSCC marches on, like toenail fungus.

And taxes are due on the 15th.

"April is the cruelest month, breeding
Lilacs out of the dead land, mixing
Memory and desire, stirring
Dull roots with spring rain."

-- T.S. Eliot, The Waste Land

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: February 10, 2017 10:17PM

Any number with lots of zeros at the end is immediately suspect.

Posted by: The Invisible Green Potato ( )
Date: February 11, 2017 12:58AM

Assuming no growth in active members and based on their current methodology, their reported membership will keep growing until it gets to about 45 million in approximately the year 2050. Just to emphasize the point, that is with no growth in active membership, which is estimated to be about 5 million.

You can expect their reported membership to grow by about 300k this year. The number of people officially resigning will be lumped together with deaths, or not included at all, and will be part of the unreported figure that balances last year's membership to this year's membership figures. The unreported gap will be about 100k.

Posted by: GNPE1 ( )
Date: February 11, 2017 01:47AM

Sad since individuals below Mormon Royalty mean next to nothing in Morland,,,

Posted by: michaelc1945 ( )
Date: February 11, 2017 07:31PM

Does anyone really give a rat's ass?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.