Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: February 10, 2017 01:53AM

Last week, GBL said this when asked, Is it disrespectful to call the stone a rock?

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: February 04, 2017 01:02AM
Re: Is it disrespectful to call the stone a rock?

Whatever it is, it looks like something one of my cats left in the box.

You'd think Joey and the Guy Upstairs would have talked it over with their industrial design people in advance. A rock or stone that doesn't resemble a cat turd would be much more persuasive, IMO.

You can't just rush into product development willy-nilly. "Begin with the end in mind," as Steven Covey used to say.

I think they may have indeed rushed into this one willy-nilly, and GBL's cat has revealed the clue.

Have any real people seen the alleged rock? I don't think the church even has such a thing. But since that thieving angel took off with all of Smith's other accouterments--gold plates and all, they had to come up with something tangible. Enter the seer stone.

If it's real at all, it may indeed be cat poop. Smith thought his jokes were pretty funny. It's probably another thing Hinkley paid Mark Hofmann for.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2017 02:47AM by kathleen.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GregS ( )
Date: February 10, 2017 09:51AM

Is Getbusylivin's cat named Schrodinger?

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: February 10, 2017 10:06AM

I can't tell you until we open the box. :)

Date: February 10, 2017 10:17AM

I can live with the uncertainty if it means I don't have to open a box full of cat poop.

Date: February 10, 2017 10:31AM

Great news! My cat has been cranking out seer, um, stones at a record clip!

All are in great condition. (This morning's are still glistening, likely because I gave him a half a can of sardines last night.)

Imagine what you could do with your very own seer stone: Translate the Word of God! Learn the names of everybody your spouse is cheating with! Hit next week's lottery numbers!

And a freshly extruded seer stone can be yours, for only $49.99 (+$29.99 shipping/handling). Just send your tax-deductible "contribution" (unmarked U.S. currency only please) to:

getbusylivin
Reformed Eqyptian Extra-Crispy Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Trailer 7A
So Blessed Trailer Park and Tapir Petting Zoo
Bureau of Indian Affairs Route 6
Devil's Sphincter, UT 84209

[Effectiveness of seer stone dependent upon owner's levels of obedience, conformity, and shame. Allow 6 weeks for delivery. Hat not included.]

Date: February 10, 2017 10:36AM

Note: Some of you may have concerns that we priesthood holders here at the Reformed Egyptian Extra-Crispy Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints practice polygamy.

Yes, it is true. However, rest assured that every tapir betrothed to a brother is a consenting adult.

Date: February 10, 2017 10:58AM

I would have thought you priesthood holders were poop holders. And if that's the case, I'd be more concerned that your poop holders wash your hands regularly.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: February 10, 2017 10:43PM

Methinks JS proved that you CAN polish a turd!

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: February 11, 2017 02:47AM

Now thats funny if it gives me the winning numbers to the lotto I might have to get one even if it smells.

Date: February 10, 2017 01:22PM

GBL, re your cat:

Has it a name?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2017 01:39PM by kathleen.

Date: February 10, 2017 08:41PM

Yes: Charlie.

If you met him you'd understand. He's very Charlie-like.

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: February 10, 2017 08:59PM

Damn that thieving angel if only he didn't exist.

Posted by: elderpopejoy ( )
Date: February 10, 2017 10:26PM

Scratch these Nephite angels, find an injun-giver.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: February 10, 2017 11:02PM

Charlie is an upstanding TBF--True Believing Feline. He has taken multiple wives and follows the Prophet's council to provide physical bodies for all the little kittens waiting to come to earth. Charlie knows that his calling and erection are made sure by evidence of the hoards of kittens, without number, he has produced.

His first wife--OldSnugglePuss--delights in keeping his litter box spotless. She provides him with multiple daily conjugal visits, providing he's a good boy. No bad language or loud laughing from him! No sir! Charlie is a saint around OSP!

His second wife--YoungHottieKat--provides Charlie with more spicy delights. She knows TBFs need some spunk in their lives to keep them from straying. She provides him with exotic dishes such as mouse-butts-on-a-cracker, catnip tea, and carnal desires as only a YoungHottieKat can do! YHK secretly wishes OSP would go to the big litter box in the sky so she would be the First Kat and not number 2 on Charlie's to do list.

Recently, Charlie has ventured into new territory with a stray named KittyKatDelights. She is a vixen cat, and Charlie now has to make a choice between his eternal exaltation or KittyKatDelights galore.

There's a rumor that Charlie is setting up a Central American Ponzi scheme to finance a large subdivision to provide housing for his kin. Being a TBF means he supports tax-free status for cats like him who want to take over the world!

Date: February 11, 2017 01:11AM

So,
if I get myself down to the pound and check out KitKat de Kolob, and send his DNA to Catcestry.com, do you suppose somewhere back in time KKdK and Charlie's ancestors may have cross-pollinated?

And KitKat de Kolob could be TBF royalty? --And brag about that in Fancy Feast and Testimony Meeting!

I might succumb to pride!

Date: February 11, 2017 02:02AM

Shhhh...KitKat de Kolob is Heavenly Mother's cat*! She's Charlie's spiritual mother populating the universe with KitKat Kiddy-Kats. Now, raise your right paw to the square--I promise never to reveal KitKat de Kolob's new name--Charlie's Mother--rather than do so, I would suffer my litter box to smell.

* Information retrieved on February 10, 2017 from http://Catcestry.com/KitKatdeKolob.html

Date: February 11, 2017 04:52AM

I just peed my pants!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.