Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: February 09, 2017 10:41PM

Sounds like the work of a terrorist. Does the arsonist have ties to any terrorist organization?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Loyalexmo not logged in ( )
Date: February 11, 2017 09:41PM

I agree, likely to be a white supremacist terrorist.

Posted by: anonuk ( )
Date: February 10, 2017 04:46AM

The article says there is no evidence it was a hate crime and it also says the community have collected over one million dollars in donations to rebuild.

Refugees in germany burnt their own residence down because it was not good enough apparently, but the biggest surprising behaviour from a muslim refugee was when a refugee centre was covered in swastikas and hateful graffiti but upon investigation it was discovered that a rather 'pious' refugee had done it to improve the muslims' 'sympathy quotient' and get better accommodation more speedily.

I am suspicious about anything happening so quickly after the inauguration, with the left claiming that installing trump as president has given free reign to groups with hateful rhetoric - In the UK at least the far left political activists are much more prepared, active and mobile than the far right.

In my opinion it is most likely an inside job to garner attention to the 'plight' of the minority muslims, whip up sympathy and heap blame on anyone supsected of not liking muslims very much and, of course, 'white supremacists'. Mormons could learn a thing or two from muslims about garnering sympathy and support for being a persectued minority. In shia writings, it is permitted to destroy property, tell lies and cheat people if it could be used to promote the cause of of sympathy towards islam or improve a muslim's lot in life.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: February 10, 2017 04:30PM

Posted by: anonuk ( )
Date: February 11, 2017 08:25AM

It could be any reason but here's another tidbit: an incendiary device exploded at a mosque in walsall england 4 years ago. The device caused little to no damage to a side wall and was found by a muslim man going home after lunch time prayers, who took it home (not back 5 paces to the mosque front door) to show his wife and get their fingerprints all over it. She said to take it back to the mosque, but when he got there it was shut so kept it overnight. Somehow the imam and his wife had it overnight too getting their prints all over it in the process, and then it was taken to the mosque and more muslims got their fingerprints all over it. No other fingerprints where found in or on the device. Racist hate crime by white supremacists, apparently, who are stupid enough to create a bomb that does no damage yet clever enough to keep their fingerprints hidden during the process.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/06/24/hate-crime-walsall-mosque_n_3488443.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

No way would any muslim try to blow up their own mosque for sympathy, would they?

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: February 11, 2017 09:34PM

anonuk: "...it is most likely an inside job to garner attention to the 'plight' of the minority muslims, whip up sympathy and heap blame on anyone supsected of not liking muslims very much and, of course, 'white supremacists'."

Speculation is unhelpful.

The Muslims at prayer in a mosque in Quebec who were shot and killed recently were indeed targeted by a white supremacist - which is a proven fact.

Once the identity of the perpetrator/s is confirmed by police that would be the time to state whodunnit it.

Why put "plight" in quote marks? Mass migration in Europe anyone? That's "plight". My new neighbours had the misfortune to live in Raqqa. Not their choice. Not their fault. Lucky to get out. Their baby nephew, not so lucky. I saw his tiny, bloody dead body (via photo). Plight? Yes.

Obviously, they DO need more sympathy, from some quarters.

Thank God I have never had to live through fire, war, famine. Just heard about it from relatives who survived the bombs in London (WW II). Thank God I never had to trek across a continent to find peace. Our worst gripe in my locale recently has been too much snow, not enough plow from the govt. Nothing that's going to kill us. We're so fortunate just by accident of birth. Not because we're better people. Just far more fortunate.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2017 09:38PM by Nightingale.

Posted by: Tall Man, Short Hair ( )
Date: February 10, 2017 06:06PM

There are soooo many suspects.

It could be an American fueled by anti-Islamic rhetoric.
It could be a Muslim of another sect. Most violence against Muslims around the world is at the hands of other Muslims.
It could be a member of that Mosque seeking to fulfill a narrative about Islamophobia.

There are more, but these are my top three guesses.

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: February 10, 2017 07:50PM

A lot of possibilities. We would probably be wise to refrain from speculating until more information comes out.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: February 11, 2017 08:38AM

good grief ! It's Texas. What were you expecting.

Posted by: michaelc1945 ( )
Date: February 11, 2017 07:29PM

Come on Dave, that's an unfair judgement you have concerning Texans. In another Texas fire bombing of a mosque, the perpetrator was a member of that very organization.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: February 11, 2017 09:45PM

There have been plenty of hoax hate crimes and "false flag" violence: the left masquerading as victims of the right. Notably:

The Greenville, MS Black church that was burned, with "Vote Trump" spraypainted on it, was torched by an African-American member of the church.

Robert Reich (failed candidate for governor of Massachusetts) said the recent Berkeley rioters were right-wing operatives.

The following itemizes several hate-crime hoaxes.

Reason Magazine is open-borders libertarian, and not especially pro-Trump. (Various writers...vary.) I think of them as the Mother Jones of the Right--they'll go after conservatives just as MJ will go after progressives when they deserve it.

http://reason.com/blog/2016/11/11/election-night-hijab-attack-false

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.